← Southwest Asia Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Dome of the Rock
- Crude oil
- a A shrine that houses the spot where Muslims believe their prophet Muhammad rose into heaven.
- b Religious leaders control the government.
- c Petroleum that has not been processed.
- d They are the arabs and their descendants who lived or still live in the area formerly called the Palestine Mandate
- e A monotheistic religion based on the teachings of is founder.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries. It helps members control worldwide oil prices by adjusting oil prices and production quotas.
- A fundamentalist Muslim political group
- An area in the desert where vegetation is found because water is available, usually from underground springs.
- The most famous desert in the region, it is known as the Empty Quarter and it is one of the largest sandy deserts in the world.
- The holiest city of Islam
5 True/False Questions
Mosque → Islam place of worship.
Desalinization → The removal of salt from ocean water. This is done at technically sophisticated water treatment plants. Desalinated water may be too salty to use for irrigation so it is used in sewage systems. This process is very expensive.
Gaza Strip → A 139-square-mile plot of land along the Mediterranean Sea
Shi'ite → One of the two main branches of Islam including most Iranians and some populations of Iraq and Afghanistan
Tigris River → One of the most imporant rivers because it supported several ancient river valley civilizations in an area called the Fertile Crescent.