5 reasons the soviet union collapsed
1. Eastern Europe was supposed to be wealth and powerful but they had to spend money to control them
2. khrushchev gave people more freedom they responded by demanding more so USSR had to become more aggressive
3. Goods and output weren't high enough so the standard of living never rose and there was no incentive to work
4. They spent money on nuclear arms race and neglected other improvements.
5.war with Afghanistan was USSR's vietnam and it crushed morales.
What country sent troops to help North korea during the korean war?
The leader of the USSR following Stalin?
What were the people scared of during the "red scare"?
communist in America
How did East Germany Respond to Gorbachev's changes?
separated russia from the USSR
What was the turning point in the American civilian support for the Vietnam War?
What conflict was the USSR's Vietnam?
war with afghanistan
Who was the president of the US at the start of the Vietnam War and the president after it ended?
5 steps that left America's involvement in vietnam?
1. South Vietnam attacked North Vietnam
2. North Vietnam responded by attacking the Maddox
3. We thought they attacked twice but it was just a Radar Malfunction
4. President Johnson reported an unprovided attack to congress
5.Congress passed the Gulf of Tankin Resolution
The 2 countries, 2 treaty organizations, and 2 ideologies?
What was the main goal of the Viet Cong army?
to overthrow the South Vietnamese government
What was the reason america established diplomatic relations with China in the 1970's?
US played China Card against the USSR by attacking the UN in 1971
Who was the leader of China during the first 25 years of the Cold War?
What was the plan the us and USSR followed with Germany, Korea, and vietnam? What were the results economically and politically with each country?
To split the countries into two each took interest in one half. North Korea, East Germany, and North Vietnam became communist, put poor. South Korea, South Vietnam and West Germany were capitalist and prosperous.
What were the 5 reasons the US were able to become a superpower, economically, and politically following world war 2?
1. US was unharmed
2. so able to supply Europe and japan with Goods
3.US dollar was the strongest world currency
4.IMI world bank headquarters were built in washington D.C.
5. UN built in New York
what were the results of perestroika?
shortages and prices soared
What was the aspect of the nuclear arms race that was terrifying for the entire world?
Mutually assured destruction
What was the US financial plan that gave aid to European countries following WWII?
The marshall plan
What were the results of the GReat Leap forward and the cultural revolution?
Both were failures, millions died, and the economy slowed.