5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- 2 Cell types
- Common Features in All Cells
- Smooth ER
- a cell membrane, ribosomes, cytoplasm, and DNA
- b (Plants only) site that performs photosynthesis (use light energy to convert CO2 and H2O into organic molecules)
- c (Animals only) contains 2 centrioles, that are believed to be microtubules.
- d does not have ribosomes sites. 2 main jobs are toxic removal and lipid metabolism.
- e Prokaryotic and Eukaryotic
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Made up of three parts:
All cells are made up of other cells
Cells are the basic unit of structure and function
All organisms are made up of 1 or more cells
- store genetic information, 3 types: nucleolus, nuclear envelope, chitin.
- capsule, cell wall, cell membrane, ribosomes, nucleic region, flagella, pili, and cytoplasm
- runs on random molecular collisions and the small volume means high concentration and more collisions
- has sites to attach ribosomes that attach and build proteins into the ER. the main job is shipping and recieving.
5 True/False Questions
Food Vacuole → (Plant only) very large water and nutrient storage compartment in center of the cell. Membrane bound. (can't be seen with CLM)
Endoplasmic Reticulum → 2 groups: cytosol and cytoskeleton
Ribosomes → very small and not membrane bound, used to assemble proteins, and located in cytosol, nucleus, and rough ER
Microvilli → (Animals only) small folds in cell membrane to increase surface absorbtion.
Cell membrane → (Plants only) made of cellulose that support and help the plant