5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Upton Sinclair
- Annie Diggs
- Emanuel and Marcet Haldeman-Julius
- "Free Silver" Movement
- "Swat the Fly"
- a Slogan used to inform the public that flies carried bacteria
- b Back the currency by silver and gold, part of Populism
- c Developed "Little Blue Books"
- d Was a "muckraker", wrote "The Jungle"
- e Newspaper writer who brought together the issues of the women's movement and Populism
5 Multiple choice questions
- Name comes from a novel by Mark Twain and Charles Warner
- President of automobile company who starts this career as a locomotive mechanic.
- Made literature affordable to everyone
- Started the Socialist paper "Appeal to Reason"
- Abstaining from alcohol, religiously motivated, personal choice
5 True/False questions
William Allen White → Wrote "What's the Matter WIth Kansas"
Social Reform → Associated with the Progressive Movement
Kate Richards O'Hare → Name comes from a novel by Mark Twain and Charles Warner
William Peffer → Associated with the Progressive Movement
Politcal → Found in Kansas because the state was once covered by the Permian Sea