5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- William Shakespeare
- Rene Descartes
- King Henry VIII
- Johannes Kepler
- a First Italian Renaissance artist to make use of shading to give his subjects depth and realism.
- b Founder of the Church of England. Left the Catholic faith in order to divorce his wife. Had 6 wives during his lifetime.
- c I think. Therefore I am.
- d German Astronomer. Built on the earlier work of Copernicus and Galileo. First to explain planetary motion and how tides were affected by the moon.
- e English Play write. Father of Modern Drama and Theater.
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1st wife of Henry VIII. Mother of Mary I. Henry's desire for a divorce from her precipitated England's break with Rome.
- Certificate sold as forgiveness from sin.
- Italian sculptor, painter, architect. Famous for his statue David and painting the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.
- Pope who order the sale of indulgences to fund the renovation of St. Peter's Basilica.
- Monk who was commissioned by Pope Leo X to raise money for the Church and was sent throughout northern Germany to sell indulgences.
5 True/False questions
Frederick the Wise → I think. Therefore I am.
Isaac Newton → 2nd wife of King Henry VIII.
Anne Bolyn → Pope who order the sale of indulgences to fund the renovation of St. Peter's Basilica.
Martin Luther → Monk who argued against the sale of indulgences and disputed many of the practices of the Catholic Church in his 95 Theses.
Leonardo da Vinci → French humanist whose theological writings profoundly influenced religious thoughts of Europeans. Developed Calvinism at Geneva. Wrote Institutes of Christian Religion