5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Martin Luther
- Pope Leo X
- Johannes Gutenburg
- Frederick the Wise
- Anne Bolyn
- a Inventor of the Printing Press.
- b Pope who order the sale of indulgences to fund the renovation of St. Peter's Basilica.
- c Monk who argued against the sale of indulgences and disputed many of the practices of the Catholic Church in his 95 Theses.
- d One of the most powerful early defenders of Martin Luther, Lutheranism, and the Protestant Reformation.
- e 2nd wife of King Henry VIII.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Italian astronomer. Developed the Telescope.
- German Astronomer. Built on the earlier work of Copernicus and Galileo. First to explain planetary motion and how tides were affected by the moon.
- General term used to describe followers of Christian movements formed in protest against the Catholic Church.
- French Protestants.
- I think. Therefore I am.
5 True/False Questions
Nicolaus Copernicus → Certificate sold as forgiveness from sin.
Isaac Newton → Father of modern Physics. Formulated the 3 basic Laws of Gravity. Invented Calculus.
Johann Tetzel → German Astronomer. Built on the earlier work of Copernicus and Galileo. First to explain planetary motion and how tides were affected by the moon.
Catherine of Aragon → 1st wife of Henry VIII. Mother of Mary I. Henry's desire for a divorce from her precipitated England's break with Rome.
Diet of Worms → Trial at which Martin Luther is excommunicated after he refuses to recant his 95 Theses.