5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Leonardo da Vinci
- Catherine of Aragon
- John Calvin
- William Shakespeare
- a French humanist whose theological writings profoundly influenced religious thoughts of Europeans. Developed Calvinism at Geneva. Wrote Institutes of Christian Religion
- b Italian astronomer. Developed the Telescope.
- c 1st wife of Henry VIII. Mother of Mary I. Henry's desire for a divorce from her precipitated England's break with Rome.
- d English Play write. Father of Modern Drama and Theater.
- e Italian master. Sculptor, painter, architect, inventor. Painter of the Mona Lisa and The Last Supper
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Father of modern Physics. Formulated the 3 basic Laws of Gravity. Invented Calculus.
- Founder of the Church of England. Left the Catholic faith in order to divorce his wife. Had 6 wives during his lifetime.
- Polish Astronomer. Theorized that the Sun and not the earth is at the middle of the solar system and that the earth was one of many planets that revolve around the sun.
- Trial at which Martin Luther is excommunicated after he refuses to recant his 95 Theses.
- 2nd wife of King Henry VIII.
5 True/False Questions
Rene Descartes → General term used to describe followers of Christian movements formed in protest against the Catholic Church.
Johann Tetzel → Monk who was commissioned by Pope Leo X to raise money for the Church and was sent throughout northern Germany to sell indulgences.
Johannes Kepler → German Astronomer. Built on the earlier work of Copernicus and Galileo. First to explain planetary motion and how tides were affected by the moon.
Giotto → Italian astronomer. Developed the Telescope.
Protestant → First Italian Renaissance artist to make use of shading to give his subjects depth and realism.