5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Anne Bolyn
- Johannes Gutenburg
- John Calvin
- a 2nd wife of King Henry VIII.
- b First Italian Renaissance artist to make use of shading to give his subjects depth and realism.
- c French Protestants.
- d Inventor of the Printing Press.
- e French humanist whose theological writings profoundly influenced religious thoughts of Europeans. Developed Calvinism at Geneva. Wrote Institutes of Christian Religion
5 Multiple choice questions
- Monk who argued against the sale of indulgences and disputed many of the practices of the Catholic Church in his 95 Theses.
- Italian master. Sculptor, painter, architect, inventor. Painter of the Mona Lisa and The Last Supper
- Trial at which Martin Luther is excommunicated after he refuses to recant his 95 Theses.
- Pope who order the sale of indulgences to fund the renovation of St. Peter's Basilica.
- Italian sculptor, painter, architect. Famous for his statue David and painting the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.
5 True/False questions
Catherine of Aragon → 1st wife of Henry VIII. Mother of Mary I. Henry's desire for a divorce from her precipitated England's break with Rome.
Galileo → Italian astronomer. Developed the Telescope.
Isaac Newton → Italian astronomer. Developed the Telescope.
Protestant → General term used to describe followers of Christian movements formed in protest against the Catholic Church.
Hieronymus Bosch → Certificate sold as forgiveness from sin.