5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Martin Luther
- William Shakespeare
- Pope Leo X
- Nicolaus Copernicus
- a Pope who order the sale of indulgences to fund the renovation of St. Peter's Basilica.
- b Polish Astronomer. Theorized that the Sun and not the earth is at the middle of the solar system and that the earth was one of many planets that revolve around the sun.
- c General term used to describe followers of Christian movements formed in protest against the Catholic Church.
- d Monk who argued against the sale of indulgences and disputed many of the practices of the Catholic Church in his 95 Theses.
- e English Play write. Father of Modern Drama and Theater.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Italian master. Sculptor, painter, architect, inventor. Painter of the Mona Lisa and The Last Supper
- German Astronomer. Built on the earlier work of Copernicus and Galileo. First to explain planetary motion and how tides were affected by the moon.
- I think. Therefore I am.
- Trial at which Martin Luther is excommunicated after he refuses to recant his 95 Theses.
- First Italian Renaissance artist to make use of shading to give his subjects depth and realism.
5 True/False Questions
Hieronymus Bosch → Unorthodox Dutch painter famous for his work Garden of Earthly Delights.
Isaac Newton → Father of modern Physics. Formulated the 3 basic Laws of Gravity. Invented Calculus.
Johann Tetzel → Monk who was commissioned by Pope Leo X to raise money for the Church and was sent throughout northern Germany to sell indulgences.
Indulgence → Certificate sold as forgiveness from sin.
Michelangelo → Italian astronomer. Developed the Telescope.