5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Martin Luther
- King Henry VIII
- Pope Leo X
- Johann Tetzel
- a Italian astronomer. Developed the Telescope.
- b Monk who was commissioned by Pope Leo X to raise money for the Church and was sent throughout northern Germany to sell indulgences.
- c Monk who argued against the sale of indulgences and disputed many of the practices of the Catholic Church in his 95 Theses.
- d Pope who order the sale of indulgences to fund the renovation of St. Peter's Basilica.
- e Founder of the Church of England. Left the Catholic faith in order to divorce his wife. Had 6 wives during his lifetime.
5 Multiple choice questions
- I think. Therefore I am.
- Polish Astronomer. Theorized that the Sun and not the earth is at the middle of the solar system and that the earth was one of many planets that revolve around the sun.
- General term used to describe followers of Christian movements formed in protest against the Catholic Church.
- One of the most powerful early defenders of Martin Luther, Lutheranism, and the Protestant Reformation.
- Italian sculptor, painter, architect. Famous for his statue David and painting the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.
5 True/False questions
Indulgence → Italian astronomer. Developed the Telescope.
Hieronymus Bosch → Unorthodox Dutch painter famous for his work Garden of Earthly Delights.
Catherine of Aragon → 2nd wife of King Henry VIII.
Isaac Newton → Italian astronomer. Developed the Telescope.
Giotto → First Italian Renaissance artist to make use of shading to give his subjects depth and realism.