5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Nicolaus Copernicus
- Isaac Newton
- Diet of Worms
- Johannes Gutenburg
- Frederick the Wise
- a Trial at which Martin Luther is excommunicated after he refuses to recant his 95 Theses.
- b Polish Astronomer. Theorized that the Sun and not the earth is at the middle of the solar system and that the earth was one of many planets that revolve around the sun.
- c One of the most powerful early defenders of Martin Luther, Lutheranism, and the Protestant Reformation.
- d Father of modern Physics. Formulated the 3 basic Laws of Gravity. Invented Calculus.
- e Inventor of the Printing Press.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- 2nd wife of King Henry VIII.
- Founder of the Church of England. Left the Catholic faith in order to divorce his wife. Had 6 wives during his lifetime.
- Italian sculptor, painter, architect. Famous for his statue David and painting the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.
- Italian astronomer. Developed the Telescope.
- 1st wife of Henry VIII. Mother of Mary I. Henry's desire for a divorce from her precipitated England's break with Rome.
5 True/False Questions
Huguenots → First Italian Renaissance artist to make use of shading to give his subjects depth and realism.
Johannes Kepler → Monk who was commissioned by Pope Leo X to raise money for the Church and was sent throughout northern Germany to sell indulgences.
Protestant → First Italian Renaissance artist to make use of shading to give his subjects depth and realism.
John Calvin → French humanist whose theological writings profoundly influenced religious thoughts of Europeans. Developed Calvinism at Geneva. Wrote Institutes of Christian Religion
Giotto → First Italian Renaissance artist to make use of shading to give his subjects depth and realism.