5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- William Shakespeare
- Johannes Kepler
- Martin Luther
- Pope Leo X
- Johann Tetzel
- a German Astronomer. Built on the earlier work of Copernicus and Galileo. First to explain planetary motion and how tides were affected by the moon.
- b Monk who was commissioned by Pope Leo X to raise money for the Church and was sent throughout northern Germany to sell indulgences.
- c Pope who order the sale of indulgences to fund the renovation of St. Peter's Basilica.
- d Monk who argued against the sale of indulgences and disputed many of the practices of the Catholic Church in his 95 Theses.
- e English Play write. Father of Modern Drama and Theater.
5 Multiple choice questions
- I think. Therefore I am.
- French Protestants.
- 2nd wife of King Henry VIII.
- Inventor of the Printing Press.
- Founder of the Church of England. Left the Catholic faith in order to divorce his wife. Had 6 wives during his lifetime.
5 True/False questions
Indulgence → Certificate sold as forgiveness from sin.
Hieronymus Bosch → Unorthodox Dutch painter famous for his work Garden of Earthly Delights.
Frederick the Wise → I think. Therefore I am.
Giotto → Italian astronomer. Developed the Telescope.
Catherine of Aragon → I think. Therefore I am.