5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Rene Descartes
- Pope Leo X
- Diet of Worms
- Leonardo da Vinci
- a Italian master. Sculptor, painter, architect, inventor. Painter of the Mona Lisa and The Last Supper
- b I think. Therefore I am.
- c Trial at which Martin Luther is excommunicated after he refuses to recant his 95 Theses.
- d Pope who order the sale of indulgences to fund the renovation of St. Peter's Basilica.
- e Italian sculptor, painter, architect. Famous for his statue David and painting the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.
5 Multiple choice questions
- One of the most powerful early defenders of Martin Luther, Lutheranism, and the Protestant Reformation.
- Founder of the Church of England. Left the Catholic faith in order to divorce his wife. Had 6 wives during his lifetime.
- Monk who was commissioned by Pope Leo X to raise money for the Church and was sent throughout northern Germany to sell indulgences.
- 1st wife of Henry VIII. Mother of Mary I. Henry's desire for a divorce from her precipitated England's break with Rome.
- 2nd wife of King Henry VIII.
5 True/False questions
Johannes Kepler → German Astronomer. Built on the earlier work of Copernicus and Galileo. First to explain planetary motion and how tides were affected by the moon.
Giotto → First Italian Renaissance artist to make use of shading to give his subjects depth and realism.
Protestant → First Italian Renaissance artist to make use of shading to give his subjects depth and realism.
Nicolaus Copernicus → Certificate sold as forgiveness from sin.
Isaac Newton → 2nd wife of King Henry VIII.