5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Dog Domestication
- Incomplete Knowledge
- a First modern humans. Had stone tools and jewelry. They probably believed in multiple worlds, but had no organized religion. Had cave art. First to believe in Shamanism.
- b This was useful because dogs were like a shield between hunters and their prey, and because dogs are good guards. This occurred at the time of the Aurignacians.
- c A challenge of historians; 95% of people can't record history, usually because they are poorer and can't afford it, while richer people can afford to record. This creates an imbalance in the view of the time studied.
- d The royal seat of Assyria. Also the Assyrian military capital.
- e Winners write history. Ex: WWII where U.S. wrote books about evilness of Germany, etc.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A group of different factions or city-states controlled by one ruler. These city-states usually pay the ruler every month or so, and possibly rely on the ruler for protection.
- Natural items left behind. (seeds, bones, etc.)
- How your background influences your beliefs, judgment, morals, ethics, etc.
- When a village would dig channels from the river to the planting fields in such a way that when the river flooded each year, the channels filled with water, giving the plants water.
- A challenge of historians; Since it is not possible to know EVERYTHING about a subject, it is impossible to know the entire truth.
5 True/False Questions
Colonies → Natural items left behind. (seeds, bones, etc.)
Hittites → A society that formed out of a canaan uprising and believed in the Hebrew religion.
Alphabet → The Phoenicians developed this to have a more universal language so that trading could become easier. A variant of this is still used today.
Tyre → A very important Phoenician port.
House of David → A large palace that supposedly housed David the King and his family. A part of this structure was dug up near Jerusalem, but there is some controversy over the correct date of the structure.