5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 3-Age Theory
- a A biblical prophet born in the city of Ur that supposedly was told by god to begin monotheistic religion.
- b Great men move history forward. Ex. Hitler, George Washington, MLK, etc.
- c The bilblical story that tells of how the Israelites left Egypt in a huge migration led by Moses, (according to archaeology) is probably an exaggerated tale of a smaller group of slaves that escaped to Israel, bringing with them news of the god, YHWH.
- d A religion that believes in one main god, but believes in lesser gods as well.
- e Theory by Christian Thompson, based on superposition, that there were three ages, in this order: Stone Age, Bronze Age, and Iron Age.
5 Multiple choice questions
- When a society favors female power.
- Was first developed by the Sumerians, but the Phoenicians made their own that soon became the main currency.
- A challenge of historians; Choosing what to record, not everything can be recorded. Leads to an incomplete view.
- The first Assyrian capital, the religious capital.
- Study of people and culture.
5 True/False questions
Venus Figurines → Clay figurines made by the Gravettians to worship the Mother Goddess, a fertility goddess. The first sign of belief in gods.
Paranthropus Boisiei → Evolved from Australopithecus. Was an herbivore that ate roots and lived rather well for its time period, however it died out because a climate change occurred, and it was not adaptable enough.
Lebanon → The country that is in the area where Phoenicia was. Its flag depicts a cedar tree, showing the importance of cedar trees in its history.
Pastoralism → Belief in gods\higher beings.
Solomon → The second king of Israel, David's son. He built 6-chambered gates on many of his cities, he built a temple to YHWH, and he generally lived a good reign.