5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Flood Plain Civilization
- Prepared Core Tools
- Environmental Stress
- a A method of making tools devised by the Neanderthals that involved knocking the top off a round rock, creating a circular surface or core. They then struck around this in a circle, producing flakes that could be fashioned into tools.
- b A civilization that forms and grows by living on the fertile flood plain of a river.
- c Natural items left behind. (seeds, bones, etc.)
- d When a village would dig channels from the river to the planting fields in such a way that when the river flooded each year, the channels filled with water, giving the plants water.
- e Around 6 million years ago, an ice age began, causing African forests to dry up and recede, causing a food crisis. Out of this came the first humans. Continuous stresses continued to evolve humans.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The idea that there were 4 groups of scribes that wrote the bible over a long period of time. (list the name of the groups in order)
- After a survey of pottery over a large area, it was found that there was an unnatural population increase in 1,000 BC that could only be explained by something unnatural (Such as the collapse of Canaan cities.)
- A pair of scrolls that were found in a hidden compartment in a burial cave near Jerusalem. These scrolls had two prayers from the Bible and dated to about the 7th century BC. This proved that the Bible was being written at least by this time.
- First modern humans. Had stone tools and jewelry. They probably believed in multiple worlds, but had no organized religion. Had cave art. First to believe in Shamanism.
- How civilizations respond to crises shape history. Ex. Native Americans, 9-11, etc.
5 True/False Questions
Observer Bias → A fringe civilization that formed at the junction of Phoenicia and Mesopotamia. Made a system of taxation on whoever passed by that allowed them to prosper.
Internecine Warfare → An Egyptian Stele that mentions the Israelites as a definite society in 1208 BC.
Abraham → A biblical prophet born in the city of Ur that supposedly was told by god to begin monotheistic religion.
Selection → The second king of Israel, David's son. He built 6-chambered gates on many of his cities, he built a temple to YHWH, and he generally lived a good reign.
Turner → How civilizations respond to crises shape history. Ex. Native Americans, 9-11, etc.