chapter 14 science vocabs
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a the layer of cells thatr foods covers the surface of roots.
- b vascular, seed producing plants whose seeds are enclosed in a fruit.
- c the reproductive organ of angiosperms.
- d part of the flower that attracts and holds pollen.
- e a vascular tissue that carries sugars and other foods throughout a plant.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the male part of the flower.
- an embryonic leaf found inside of a seed.
- the transfer of pollen, containing sperm, to the female part of the flower.
- the female part of the flower.
- have tissues made of cells that transport water and nutrients throughout the plant.
5 True/False Questions
rhizoids → root-like growths on mosses and liverworts that anchor the plant to a surface and do not have vascular tissues.
tropism → growth in response to a stimulus.
xylem → a vascular tissue that carries sugars and other foods throughout a plant.
stomata → the male part of the flower.
germination → the process of a seed sprouting and its growth into a young plant.