5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Pull Factor
- SETTLEMENT HOUSE
- Alexander Graham Bell
- closed shop
- trade unions
- a Institution located in a poor neighborhood that provided numerous community services such as medical care, child care, libraries, and classes in English
- b United States inventor (born in Scotland) of the telephone (1847-1922)
- c factor such as freedom or employment opportunities that attract a person to a country
- d a company that hires only union members
- e organizations of workers with the same trade or skill
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- An organization created by nativists in 1887 that campaigned for laws to restrict immigration
- costs that occur while running a company
- a book by John Riis that told the public about the lives of the immigrants and those who live in the tenements
- Owner of a department store in Philadelphia.
- Native American Tribe that will flee capture from U.S. Troops, who almost make it to Canada.
5 True/False Questions
party of personal liberty → What the Democrats called themselves
Gustavus Swift → a person who is loyal to their allegiance (especially in times of revolt)
Sherman Antitrust Act → (1882) Denied any additional Chinese laborers to enter the country while allowing students and merchants to immigrate.
Great railroad strike of 1877 → a mostly flat and grassy region of western north america
Tammany Hall → a political organization within the Democratic Party in New York city (late 1800's and early 1900's) seeking political control by corruption and bossism