5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The Souls of Black Folk
- WEB DuBois
- dry farming
- Leland Stanford
- a American financier of the Central Pacific Railroad (built 1863-1869) and founder of Stanford University (1885).
- b WEB DuBois 1903 - blacks should not be treated bad, they should be aggressive rise up for equality
- c the economic and political theories of Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels that hold that human actions and institutions are economically determined and that class struggle is needed to create historical change and that capitalism will untimately be superseded
- d a way of farming dry land in which seeds are planted deep in ground where there is some moisture
- e 1st black to earn Ph.D. from Harvard, encouraged blacks to resist systems of segregation and discrimination, helped create NAACP in 1910
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- African Americans who moved from post reconstruction South to Kansas.
- United States inventor (born in Scotland) of the telephone (1847-1922)
- leader of the Oglala who resisted the development of a trail through Wyoming and Montana by the United States government (1822-1909)
- tax on earnings that charges different rates for different income levels
- a wagon trail founded in the late 1860s to haul goods from wagons between Texas and the Kansas Pacific Railroad. by 1872, more than 1 million cattle had walked the road
5 True/False Questions
Grover Cleveland → 22nd and 24th president, Democrat, Honest and hardworking, fought corruption, vetoed hundreds of wasteful bills, achieved the Interstate Commerce Commission and civil service reform, violent suppression of strikes
Subtreasury Plan → He led the Dakota in The Great Sioux Uprising in Minnesota, 1862.
Fetterman's Massacre → sioux war party tried to block construction of the bozeman trail
sioux vs. fetterman's command
Great railroad strike of 1877 → Strike where railway workers had 10% of their wages cut, in the midst of a depression, and refused to work. President Rutherford B. Hayes sent in federal troops and forced employees to begin working again.
Wheat Bel → the cheapest accommodations on a passenger ship