5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Little Crow
- vigilance committees
- Mary O'Sullivan
- Thomas A. Edison
- Mass Transit
- a He led the Dakota in The Great Sioux Uprising in Minnesota, 1862.
- b woman general labor organizer of American Federation of Labor
- c Transportation system designed to move large numbers of people along fixed routes
- d One of the most prolific inventors in U.S. history. He invented the phonograph, light bulb, electric battery, mimeograph and moving picture.
- e self-appointed lawenforcers; volunuteers allowed to track down wrongdoers
5 Multiple choice questions
- stage entertainment made up of various acts, such as dancing, singing, comedy, and magic shows
- a certificate documenting the shareholder's ownership in the corporation
- a periodic charge that does not vary with business volume (as insurance or rent or mortgage payments etc.)
- Congregationalist minister who followed the social gospel and supported social reform. A prolific writer whose newspaper cloumns and many books made him a national leader of the Social gospel movement.
- a tax of a fixed amount per person and payable as a requirement for the right to vote
5 True/False questions
Goerge Plunkitt → Democrats who left their party over the silver issue
MARK TWAIN → a tax of a fixed amount per person and payable as a requirement for the right to vote
Marxism → music with a syncopated melody (usually for the piano)
SALOON → a room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter
The Souls of Black Folk → WEB DuBois 1903 - blacks should not be treated bad, they should be aggressive rise up for equality