5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Leonora O'Reilly
- fixed costs
- time zones
- HENRY GEORGE
- Mass Transit
- a a periodic charge that does not vary with business volume (as insurance or rent or mortgage payments etc.)
- b "Women, real women, anywhere and everywhere are what we must nourish and cherish."
- c He wrote Progress and Poverty in 1879, which made him famous as an opponent of the evils of modern capitalism.
- d any of the 24 regions of the globe (loosely divided by longitude) throughout which the same standard time is used
- e Transportation system designed to move large numbers of people along fixed routes
5 Multiple choice questions
- Firms or corporations that combine for the purpose of reducing competition and controlling prices (establishing a monopoly). There are anti-trust laws to prevent these monopolies.
- sumpreme court ruled that segregation public places facilities were legal as long as the facilites were equal
- richest members of society lived in center of city in a fuedal castle, a manor a tuscan vila or a french cheateau
- A group of people that make up a corporation by sharing ownership in a certain company
- formed in 1892 called populist .. farmers alliances in the great agricultural belts of the west and south, they want the goverment to run rail roads
5 True/False questions
Ghost Dance → Originally a social organization between farmers, it developed into a political movement for government ownership of railroads
VAUDEVILLE → music with a syncopated melody (usually for the piano)
Jacob Riis → (philosophy) the doctrine that the world can be understood in scientific terms without recourse to spiritual or supernatural explanations
Wounded Knee → a period from1848 to 1856 when thousands of people came to California in order to search for gold.
Homestead Act → the founder of Hull House, which provided English lessons for immigrants, daycares, and child care classes