5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- James J. Hill
- "the crime of '73"
- Eugene V. Debs
- a a person who is loyal to their allegiance (especially in times of revolt)
- b Leader of the American Railway Union, he voted to aid workers in the Pullman strike. He was jailed for six months for disobeying a court order after the strike was over.
- c driving force of the Gr. Northern Railway , Became a Shipping Agent For Winnipeg Merchants Nicknamed the "Empire Builder"
- d enacted by the United States Congress in 1873 and embraced the gold standard and demonetized silver. Western mining interests and others wanted silver in circulation.
- e people with no permanent home; move from place to place in search of food,
5 Multiple choice questions
- Engineer. Developed the 1st electric trolley car. Efficient mover of people in cities.
- people who believed coining silver in unlimited quantities would solve the nations economic crisis
- 22nd and 24th president, Democrat, Honest and hardworking, fought corruption, vetoed hundreds of wasteful bills, achieved the Interstate Commerce Commission and civil service reform, violent suppression of strikes
- African American progressive who supported segregation and demanded that African American better themselves individually to achieve equality.
- A Farmers' organization founded in late 1870s; worked for lower railroad freight rates, lower interest rates, and a change in the governments tight money policy
5 True/False questions
open range → A vast area of grassland owned by the government where ranchers could graze their herds for free
panic of 1893 → factor such as freedom or employment opportunities that attract a person to a country
YMCA → Spiritual organization meant to provide healthy activities for young workers in the cities
deflation → a room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter
trade unions → organizations of workers with the same trade or skill