5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- DWIGHT L. MOODY
- Angel island
- McKinely Tariff
- a raised tariff's and brought new trouble to farmers. Who were forced to buy high priced products
- b the political doctrine that supports the rights and powers of the common people in their struggle with the privileged elite
- c Americas most famous evangelist during the 19th century
- d intentional deception resulting in injury to another person
- e The immigration station on the west coast where Asian immigrants, mostly Chinese gained admission to the U.S. at San Francisco Bay. Between 1910 and 1940 50k Chinese immigrants entered through Angel Island. Questioning and conditions at Angel Island were much harsher than Ellis Island in New York.
5 Multiple choice questions
- In 1888, he wrote Looking Backward, 2000-1887, a description of a utopian society in the year 2000.
- leader of the Oglala who resisted the development of a trail through Wyoming and Montana by the United States government (1822-1909)
- the act of deciding as an arbiter
- a federation of North American labor unions that merged with the Congress of Industrial Organizations in 1955
- He led the Dakota in The Great Sioux Uprising in Minnesota, 1862.
5 True/False questions
Steerage → Firms or corporations that combine for the purpose of reducing competition and controlling prices (establishing a monopoly). There are anti-trust laws to prevent these monopolies.
Pendleton Act → 1883 law that created a Civil Service Commission and stated that federal employees could not be required to contribute to campaign funds nor be fired for political reasons
CONEY ISLAND → the founder of Hull House, which provided English lessons for immigrants, daycares, and child care classes
land grants → land subsidies granted to railroad companies to encourage construction of rail lines to the West
SALVATION ARMY → He led the Dakota in The Great Sioux Uprising in Minnesota, 1862.