5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Senses of Scripture
- a there are two basic senses in which this should be read, the literal and the spiritual. The spiritual has three senses: the allegorical or typical, the moral or topological, and the the anagogical.
- b The teaching authority of the Church, which is entrusted to the pope and the bishops in communion with him.
- c The quality or characteristic of the Church by which she will exist until the end of time.
- d the righteous man who, with his family and the animals, survived the Flood in the Ark
- e the tetragrammaton, or four letters, of the divine name in Hebrew; the personal name of the God of Israel revealed to Moses on Mt. Sinai, meaning "I AM WHO AM". This is rendered Lord in most English translations of the Bible.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a solemn agreement between people or between God and man involving mutual commitments and guarantees.
- Marriage between more than two people at the same time.
- he recognized Jesus as the Christ at the Presentation in the Temple
- The Blessed Virgin Mary conceived Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit. She, therefore, was a virgin Birth is also an implicit proclamation of the divinity of Jesus Christ
- Following the Baptism of Christ by St. John, Christ fasted and prayed in the wilderness for forty days. During this time, he was tempted by Satan. Unlike our first parents and their descendants, Christ overcame the temptations of the Devil
5 True/False questions
Mt. Moriah → Hebrew for "anointed".
inspired → guided by God; from a word meaning "breathed in." the human writers of scripture wrote in their own words but through God's inspiration wrote what he intended them to write and nothing more.
salvation history → Christ's Passion, Death, Resurrection, and Ascension.
david → The wise men described in Matthew 2. They came from the East to adore the newborn King of the Jews and brought him gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh
Finding in the Temple → Described in Luke 2: 41-52. Christ and his parents went to Jerusalem for the Feast of the Passover. On the return journey, the Blessed Virgin Mary at St. Joseph covered Christ was not with them and, after three days, found him in the Temple, discoursing with the teachers of the Law