5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Promised Land
- Gifts of the Holy Spirit
- Final Judgement
- a The seven gifts of the Holy Spirit are wisdom, understanding, counsels, fortitude, knowledge, piety, and fear of the Lord
- b The dwelling of God. In Heaven, the elect enjoy eternal friendship and communion with God and with the angels and saints. Those in Heaven enjoy perfect happiness and see God face-to-face.
- c the name of the garden from sensory observation and experimentation
- d land promised by God to Abraham and his descendants, the Israelites. This land stretched from the "river of Egypt to the great river, the River of Euphrates"/
- e Principally an attribute of God describing his complete separation from the sphere of the profane
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Term for the Church on earth, whose members are on a journey, the destination of which has not yet been reached,
- The teaching authority of the Church, which is entrusted to the pope and the bishops in communion with him.
- Latin for "let it be done". This was the Blessed Virgin Mary's response to God's plan of redemption; it was her consent to become the Mother of God.
- Reparation for an offense through a voluntary action that expiates the injustice done.
- The Blessed Virgin Mary visited her kinswoman St. Elizabeth. He greeting, "Blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb!"from part of the Hail Mary.
5 True/False Questions
Indwelling of the Blessed Trinity → Father, Son, and Holy Spirit-are present in the soul from the moment of Baptism and remain as long as that soul is in a state of grace.
Sarah → the wife of Abraham and mother of Isaac
Precepts of the Church → Duties required by the Catholic Church of her members in order to ensure a certain minimum in their spiritual and moral lives
david → the second king of israel, a "man after God;s own heart." God made a new covenant with all the nations through David.
Temptation in the Desert → The teachings of Christ in the Sermon on the Mount about the meaning and way to true happiness.