5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Temptation in the Desert
- Bride of Christ
- Gifts of the Holy Spirit
- a the younger of isaac and rebekah's twin sons, he tricked his brother into giving him his inheritance and his father into giving him the firstborn's blessing, thus becoming his heir
- b Following the Baptism of Christ by St. John, Christ fasted and prayed in the wilderness for forty days. During this time, he was tempted by Satan. Unlike our first parents and their descendants, Christ overcame the temptations of the Devil
- c The process of being made holy. This begins with Baptism, continues though out the life of the Christian, and is completed when a person enters Heaven and becomes totally and irrevocably united with God in the Beatific Vision
- d Christ described himself as the bridegroom and the Church as his bride. This symbolism represents the intimate union between Christ and the members of his Mystical Body, the Church.
- e The seven gifts of the Holy Spirit are wisdom, understanding, counsels, fortitude, knowledge, piety, and fear of the Lord
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The quality or characteristic of the Church by which she will exist until the end of time.
- land promised by God to Abraham and his descendants, the Israelites. This land stretched from the "river of Egypt to the great river, the River of Euphrates"/
- The participation in the priesthood of Christ shared by all the faithful through Baptism
- greek for "going out"
- an event or person in Scripture that points toward a later event or person.
5 True/False Questions
Sanctifying Grace → the free and unmerited favor of God dispensed through the sacraments. This grace heals human nature, which has been wounded by sin, giving man a share in the divine life, which is infused into the soul by the Holy Spirit
bible → the form of the body, this is an individual spiritual substance created directly by God in his image and likeliness
Suffering Servant → making no mistakes or errors. scripture always teaches truth, never falsehood
Sanctifying Grace → The inner voice of human being in whose heart is inscribed the Law of God
Invincible Ignorance → the free and unmerited favor of God dispensed through the sacraments. This grace heals human nature, which has been wounded by sin, giving man a share in the divine life, which is infused into the soul by the Holy Spirit