5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The enlarged ends of the long bone. It articulates, or meets with a second bone at a joint, and they consist of a thin layer of compact bone overlying spongy bone. They're covered by cartilage.
- Bending the foot down, as in toe dancing.
- The bending of a joint that decreases the angle between the bones (bending the leg at the knee or the fingers).
- An inflammation of a joint.
- Displacement, or luxation, of a bone from its joint with tearing of ligaments, tendons, and articular capsule. The shoulder joint is displaced more easily than other joints. The return of the bone into its joint is called a reduction. a partial _______ is called a subluxation. When applied to the temporomandibular joint, a subluxation refersto the stretching of the capsule and ligaments that results in popping noises when the jaw moves.
- a Epiphysis
- b Plantar Flexion
- c Dislocation
- d Flexion
- e Arthritis
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Sphenoid Bone
5 True/False Questions
Forms a point attachment for some of the muscles of the neck. → Mastoid Process
Branch of science that studies joints. → Rheumatology
Allows movement similar to the movement of two boards joined together. It allows movement in one direction, where the angle at it increases or decreases. These include elbows, knees, and fingers. → Pivot Joint
A prominent projection on a bone. → Tubercle
Bone tissue that's arranged in plates → Trabeculae