← Chapter 4 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- inherent powers
- implied powers
- denied powers
- expressed powers
- a Powers that are stated directly in the Constitution
- b Regulate immigration and dealing with other nations would be
- c Powers that are not given to the national or state governments
- d Funding a national railroad system, regulating the nuclear power industry, and creating environmental pollution laws would all be considered to be
- e What document is the supreme law of the land?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Which clause gives Congress the power to make laws that are needed for the government to function
- Taxing exports and limiting freedom of speech or religion would be considered
- Which the following best explains the Full Faith and Credit Clause?
- True of False: People can travel freely between states; People can change residences between states.
- If requested to do so, a governor usually orders that a person charged with a major crime be returned to the state where the crime was committed. Returning a suspected criminal in this way is called
5 True/False Questions
implied powers → Powers that are not given to the national or state governments
concurrent powers → Regulate immigration and dealing with other nations would be
true → If state and federal law conflict, which one wins?
reserved powers → Foreign and interstate Trade, coining money, creating an army and navy, declaring War, establishing federal courts (Supreme Court) are all
inherent powers → Power that just comes naturally to national government