5 Written Questions
4 Matching Questions
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Psoriatic arthritis manifestations
- Gouty arthritis
- a Serum uric acid >6; 24 hour urine uric acid collection to determine cause r/t renal. Treat with allopurinol, colchicine, nsaids, steroids, diet, hydrate
- b silver/gray spots of scalp, elbows, knees, lower back; lifting and pitting nails, tenosynovitis, dactylitis (swelling of entire digit), painful joints when stressed
- c inflammatory process assoc with psoriasis (may develop w/o detectable psoriasis); cause unknown. Need early recognition-pain relief, joint splint
- d In RA; Sheet of invasive cellular tisse continuous with cellular lining; causes erosion of bone and cartilage and margin or joints, weakens joint capsule.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Overproduction of collagen --> disruption in cells leading to platelet aggregation and fibrosis. Disrupts normal organ function (lungs, kidney, heart, GI)
- NSAIDs, steroids, surgery (repair joint damage), exercise for posture, breathing.
- late-fibrosis of joint, atrophy of muscle and tendon destroyed, ulnar drift, swan neck (DIP), boutonniere, hallux valgus
- Manage exacerbations, prevent complications (lupus neph, anemia, mypocarditis, serositis, seizures. NSAIDs, Solumedrol, immunosuppresant
- Intermittent low back pain, pain and stiff (am), loss of lumbar flexibility, impaired lung capacity, eye inflammation (uveitis), anorexia, fever
5 True/False Questions
Osteoarthritis → slow progressive non-inflammatory disorder of synovial joints. multiple factors. joint related. worse with activity-starts in morning and gets better.
Scleroderma types → Fibrotic, degenerative, inflammatory changes in skin, blood vessels, synovium, muscle, and internal organs. Renal disease major cause of death
OA manifestations → Joint pain, butterfly rash, alopecia, HA, neuropsych, hypercoagulability, infections, pneumonia, pleural effusions, heart problems, lupus nephritis, raynauds
Gouty arthritis manifestations (acute; chronic) → Edematous joint with tenderness, pain, low grade fever, great toe first (resolves 2-10 days); multiple joints w/ trophi, inflammation
Septic arthritis → Serum uric acid >6; 24 hour urine uric acid collection to determine cause r/t renal. Treat with allopurinol, colchicine, nsaids, steroids, diet, hydrate