5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- direct rule
- New Zealand
- Germany and the US
- a The French practiced ______, sending officials to administer their colonies.
- b ________ was the first to grant women's suffrage.
- c What sea lies to the north of Africa?
- d The two countries that led their way to industrial leadership were?
- e English form of government
5 Multiple choice questions
- Time of peace and unity under Roman rule
- Islamic house of worship
- French style of art, culture, manners, and customs became standard for European tastes as a result of his reign
- _______ - the great powers expanded their armies and navies, creating an arms race- this further increased suspicions and made war more likely.
- People who devoted their lives to seeking spiritual truth
5 True/False questions
Natural rights → Rights that belong to all human beings from birth
Mummification → Sinking of the British _____ killed 1200 which included 120 Americans.
Declining death rates → Which of the following caused the population boom of the 1700s?
penal → In 1788, Britain turned Austria into a _____ colony.
Louis XIV → French king who built the Palace of Versailles