5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- In answering multiple-choice test items, smart test-takers are best advised to
- When you question whether anecdotal evidence can be generalized to all people, you are applying
- The emotion of fear is sometimes accompanied by _______ that differ from those that accompany rage.
- Gender refers to
- After receiving very bad news, people __________ the duration of their negative feelings.
- a overestimate
- b critical thinking.
- c hormone secretions and finger temperatures
- d the biological and social definition of male and female.
- e recall the correct answer to each question before reading the alternative answers.
5 Multiple choice questions
- reappearance, after a pause, of an extinguished conditioned response.
- drugs affect mind and behavior.
5 True/False questions
When golden hamsters were repeatedly threatened and attacked while young, they suffered long-term changes in → mature and affluent.
Women and men are most likely to be attracted to strongly gender-typical mates in cultures characterized by → have greater reproductive potential than do women.
Stacey suggests that because children are more impulsive than adults, they will have more difficulty controlling their anger. stacey's prediction regarding anger management is an example of → a hypothesis.
In Milgram's obedience experiments, "teachers" exhibited a somewhat lower level of compliance when an experimenter's orders when → the experiment was not associated with a prestigious institution like Yale University.
After imagining and then writing about various tragedies, such as people being burned and disfigured, university women expressed increased → subjective well-being.