5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- A general sense of happiness or life satisfaction is most unrelated to whether people
- In one experiment, most of the participants who viewed a videotape of men tossing a basketball remained unaware of an umbrella-toting woman sauntering across the screen. This illustrated
- In a psychological experiment, the experimental factor that is manipulated by the investigator is called the _______ variable.
- The tragic murder of Kitty Genovese outside her New York Apartment stimulated social-psychological research on
- As her professor distributed the mathematics test to the class, Blaire's heart started to pound and her palms began to sweat. These physiological reactions were activated by her ________ nervous system.
- a are well educated.
- b independent
- c inattentional blindness.
- d sympathetic
- e altruism
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the "teachers" were more obedient than most people would have predicted.
- the biological and social definition of male and female.
- a great sense of responsibility for engaging in behaviors of which we personally disapprove.
- mirror neurons.
5 True/False Questions
In Pavlov's experiments, the dog's salivation triggered by the taste of food was a(n) → unconditioned response.
A statement describing how a researcher measures a research variable is known as a(n) → estrogen levels are highest.
The spillover effect is best explained in terms of the → expressive behaviors, physiological arousal, and conscious experience.
Our ability to learn by witnessing the behavior of others best illustrates → observational learning.
At about 8 months, children become increasingly likely to react to newcomers with tears and distress. This best illustrates → mature and affluent.