5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- A procedure that trains people to make new responses to stimuli that currently trigger unwanted responses is called
- We find it harder to frown when viewing a smile than when viewing a frown. This can most clearly be attributed to
- To help Claire quit smoking, a therapist delivers an electric shock to her arm each time she smokes a cigarette. The therapist is using
- A psychologist would have the greatest difficulty differentiating between anger and fear by monitoring the ___________ associated with each.
- Electroconvulsive therapy has proven to be effective in the treatment of
- a aversive conditioning.
- b depression
- c counterconditioning.
- d heart rates
- e mirror neurons.
5 Multiple choice questions
- can be learned.
- gender inequality.
- stranger anxiety.
- the "learner" was placed in a different room from the "teacher"
5 True/False questions
After receiving very bad news, people __________ the duration of their negative feelings. → overestimate
Studies of monkeys raised with artificial mothers suggest that mother-infant emotional bonds result primarily from mothers providing infants with → survey, question, read, review, reflect.
The adaptation-level phenomenon refers to the → reappearance, after a pause, of an extinguished conditioned response.
To assess reactions to a proposed tuition hike at her school, Ariana sent a questionnaire to every fifteenth person in the registrar's alphabetical listing of all currently enrolled students. Ariana is ensuring that her survey results are accurate by using → random sampling.
(close up) In order, the sequence of steps in the SQ3R method is → two-factor theory.