5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The perception that your fate is determined by luck reflects
- Two counterconditioning techniques for replacing unwanted responses include
- I am a relatively slow-acting (but long-lasting) chemical messenger carried throughout the body by the bloodstream. What am I?
- When you question whether anecdotal evidence can be generalized to all people, you are applying
- By exposing different parts of emotion-laden faces, researchers found that we detect anger mostly from the ________ and happiness mostly from the _______.
- a critical thinking.
- b A hormone.
- c aversive conditioning and exposure therapy.
- d eyes; mouth.
- e an external locus of control.
5 Multiple choice questions
- tendency for standards of judgement to be heavily influenced by previous experiences.
- the double-blind procedure.
5 True/False questions
In which type of research is a representative, random sample of people asked to answer many questions about their behaviors or attitudes? → US.
A statement describing how a researcher measures a research variable is known as a(n) → operational definition.
Evolutionary psychologists would be most likely to attribute gender differences in attitudes toward casual sex to the fact that men → an external locus of control.
Your roommate is conducting a survey to learn how many hours the typical student studies each day. She plans to pass out her questionnaire to the members of her sorority. You point out that her findings will be flawed because → the sample will probably not be representative of the population of interest.
Stacey suggests that because children are more impulsive than adults, they will have more difficulty controlling their anger. stacey's prediction regarding anger management is an example of → an external locus of control.