5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The James-Lange theory of emotion states that
- Evolutionary psychologists would be most likely to attribute gender differences in attitudes toward casual sex to the fact that men
- To assess reactions to a proposed tuition hike at her school, Ariana sent a questionnaire to every fifteenth person in the registrar's alphabetical listing of all currently enrolled students. Ariana is ensuring that her survey results are accurate by using
- When exposed to a scent derived from me's sweat, gay and straight men responded differently in the area of the ________ that governs sexual arousal.
- We are most likely to experience cognitive dissonance if we feel
- a have greater reproductive potential than do women.
- b a great sense of responsibility for engaging in behaviors of which we personally disapprove.
- c to experience emotion is to be aware of our physiological response to an emotional-arousing event.
- d hypothalamus
- e random sampling.
5 Multiple choice questions
- cognitive-behavior therapy.
- observational learning.
- mirror neurons.
- survey, question, read, review, reflect.
- testosterone; female
5 True/False questions
Studies of monkeys raised with artificial mothers suggest that mother-infant emotional bonds result primarily from mothers providing infants with → the CR is suppressed.
At about 8 months, children become increasingly likely to react to newcomers with tears and distress. This best illustrates → stranger anxiety.
Three Key attitudes of scientific inquiry are → to experience emotion is to be aware of our physiological response to an emotional-arousing event.
When golden hamsters were repeatedly threatened and attacked while young, they suffered long-term changes in → hypothalamus
Women are most likely to be sexually attracted to men who seem → a great sense of responsibility for engaging in behaviors of which we personally disapprove.