5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- In an experimental study of the effects of anxiety on self-esteem, anxiety would be the _________ variable.
- Research has shown that neck-level spinal cord injuries reduce the intensity of certain emotional experiences. This finding supports the
- Electroconvulsive therapy has proven to be effective in the treatment of
- After learning to fear a white rat, Little Albert responded with fear to the sight of a rabbit. This best illustrates the process of
- In Milgram's obedience experiments, "teachers" were MOST likely to deliver high levels of shock when
- a depression
- b generalization.
- c the "learner" was placed in a different room from the "teacher"
- d James-Lange theory.
- e independent
5 Multiple choice questions
- expressive behaviors, physiological arousal, and conscious experience.
- aversive conditioning and exposure therapy.
- two-factor theory.
- talk in ways consistent with what the model says and act in ways consistent with what the model does.
- mature and affluent.
5 True/False questions
To help Claire quit smoking, a therapist delivers an electric shock to her arm each time she smokes a cigarette. The therapist is using → depression
The placebo effect best illustrates the impact of ________ on feelings and behaviors. → selective attention.
Studies of monkeys raised with artificial mothers suggest that mother-infant emotional bonds result primarily from mothers providing infants with → the CR is suppressed.
In a written reort of their research, psychologists specify exactly how anxiety is assessed, thus providing their readers with a(n) → independent
When exposed to a scent derived from me's sweat, gay and straight men responded differently in the area of the ________ that governs sexual arousal. → hypothalamus