5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The basic components of emotion are
- Electroconvulsive therapy has proven to be effective in the treatment of
- The set of prescribed behaviors associated with a particular social position is best described as a(n)
- The participants in Philip Zimbardo's simulated prison study
- Learned helplessness is MOST likely to be associated with
- a role.
- b depression
- c were so endangered by their role-playing experience that the study was discontinued.
- d an external locus of control.
- e expressive behaviors, physiological arousal, and conscious experience.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the survey
- critical thinking.
- US; CS
- positive expectations.
5 True/False questions
Studies of monkeys raised with artificial mothers suggest that mother-infant emotional bonds result primarily from mothers providing infants with → to experience emotion is to be aware of our physiological response to an emotional-arousing event.
In one experiment, most of the participants who viewed a videotape of men tossing a basketball remained unaware of an umbrella-toting woman sauntering across the screen. This illustrated → inattentional blindness.
A procedure that trains people to make new responses to stimuli that currently trigger unwanted responses is called → counterconditioning.
To assess reactions to a proposed tuition hike at her school, Ariana sent a questionnaire to every fifteenth person in the registrar's alphabetical listing of all currently enrolled students. Ariana is ensuring that her survey results are accurate by using → cognitive therapies.
Research has shown that neck-level spinal cord injuries reduce the intensity of certain emotional experiences. This finding supports the → the reported backgrounds of homosexuals and heterosexuals are similar.