5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a The second, shortest stage of mitosis where the chromosomes line up across the center of the cell. Each chromosome connected to spindle fibers at its centromere.
- b A cell is literally able to do everything, to develop into any type of cell in the body.
- c Each DNA strand in the duplicated chromosome.
- d A hollow ball of cells with a cluster of cells inside known as the inner cell mass.
- e A disorder in which body cells lose the ability to control growth.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A series of events where a cell grows, prepares for division, and divides to form two daughter cells.
- A developmental stage for living organisms.
- The first stage of cell division, when the the nucleus of the cell divides.
- The unspecialized cells from which differentiated cells develop.
- A process of programmed cell death.
5 True/False questions
Differentiation → The process by which cells become specialized.
Cytokinesis → The second stage of cell division, when the cytoplasm divides.
Interphase → The cell grows and replicates DNA and centrioles.
Sexual Reproduction → The production of genetically identical offspring from a single parent.
Centromere → Tiny paired structures located in the cetnrosome.