5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a A hollow ball of cells with a cluster of cells inside known as the inner cell mass.
- b The second, shortest stage of mitosis where the chromosomes line up across the center of the cell. Each chromosome connected to spindle fibers at its centromere.
- c Where the duplicated DNA strands are attached.
- d The first stage of cell division, when the the nucleus of the cell divides.
- e A disorder in which body cells lose the ability to control growth.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The unspecialized cells from which differentiated cells develop.
- Genetic information bundled into packages of DNA.
- The chromatin condenses into chromosomes. The centrioles separate, and a spindle begins to form. The nuclear envelope breaks down.
- The second stage of cell division, when the cytoplasm divides.
- A cell is literally able to do everything, to develop into any type of cell in the body.
5 True/False questions
Centrioles → Tiny paired structures located in the cetnrosome.
Cell Cycle → A series of events where a cell grows, prepares for division, and divides to form two daughter cells.
Asexual Reproduction → The production of genetically identical offspring from a single parent.
Interphase → The chromosomes gather at opposite ends of the cell and lose their distinct shapes. Two new nuclear envelopes will form.
Growth Factors → They stimulate the growth and division of cells.