5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- large layer ground tissue; endodermis; Casparian Strips
- active transport proteins
- Casparian Strips
- Central Vascular Cylinder; xylem
- a out
- b water moves into the_______. This is called the _________.
- c The outer epidermal layer contains______________in their cell membranes to pump mineral into plant.
- d spongy cortex; ____ encloses vascular tissue; cells are surrounded by ____________
- e waterproof barriers that force water through cells not around; keep flow one way (b/c osmosis is always high to low).
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Absorbs water and minerals from the ground. Anchors plant in ground.
- covered by tiny root hairs for more surface area and more absorption; greater area to bring in water and nutrients
- site of photosyntheis
- cells that have not yet become specialized for specific functions, such as transport., source of new growth, at edges of plant tips of roots.
- transports water.
5 True/False Questions
tracheids → long tubular cell peculiar to xylem
Secondary Growth → type of plant growth that occurs at the tips of roots and shoots plants grow taller and deeper from tips, apical meristems=____
collenchyma → type of ground tissue cell with a strong, flexible cell wall; helps support larger plants
Dermal Tissue → tissue that does everything that the vascular, dermal and meristematic dont do.
parenchyma → A relatively unspecialized plant cell type that carries most of the metabolism, synthesizes and stores organic products, and develops into a more differentiated cell type