5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- ground tissue
- Dermal Tissue
- water loss
- a type of ground tissue cell with a strong, flexible cell wall; helps support larger plants
- b the outer covering of the plant, the skin. protects the plant.
- c tissue that does everything that the vascular, dermal and meristematic dont do.
- d Stomata open and close to prevent excessive ___________.
- e long tubular cell peculiar to xylem
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- site of photosyntheis
- found in phloem; stacked end to end; have holes so materials can get in and out of the phloem
- tissue consists of cells with highly thickened walls that are dead at maturity. It is generally found in the vasucular bundles of stems and as schlerids, individual bunches of cells that give pears and apple cores their gritty texture
- transports water.
- support; holds plant up to the sunlight; transports substance b/w roots and leaves.
5 True/False Questions
fibrous roots → part of a root system in which roots branch to such an extent that no single root grows larger than the rest
in phloem; in two directions → In the central vascular cylinder, because thewater moves into the xylem; because it cannot go backward, the only place it can go is ___________; this is called___________.
outer epidermal layer → a single layer of dermal tissue with covers the outside of a plant.
water vapor → Stomata open and close to prevent excessive ___________.
root, stems, leaves → site of photosyntheis