5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Dermal Tissue
- Secondary Growth
- root, stems, leaves
- Central Vascular Cylinder; xylem
- a the outer covering of the plant, the skin. protects the plant.
- b exterior openings on underside of leaf; site of gas exchange.
- c What are the organs of plant?
- d vascular of cork cambium.
- e water moves into the_______. This is called the _________.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A relatively unspecialized plant cell type that carries most of the metabolism, synthesizes and stores organic products, and develops into a more differentiated cell type
- primary root found in some plants that grows longer and thicker than other roots. ex: carrots
- a single layer of dermal tissue with covers the outside of a plant.
- part of a root system in which roots branch to such an extent that no single root grows larger than the rest
- support; holds plant up to the sunlight; transports substance b/w roots and leaves.
5 True/False Questions
transpiration → water escapes through stomata; as water exits, more is drawn up through stem from roots
mesophyll → specialized ground tissue; lots of chloroplasts; where photosynthesis occurs; veins of xylem and phloem branch.
cell types → epidermal, racheids, vessel elements, sieve tube elements, companion cells, parenchyma, collenchyma, sclerenchyma.
in phloem; in two directions → In the central vascular cylinder, because thewater moves into the xylem; because it cannot go backward, the only place it can go is ___________; this is called___________.
epidermis → covered by cuticle; reduces evaporation