5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- sieve tube elements
- Primary Growth; bud
- a type of plant growth that occurs at the tips of roots and shoots plants grow taller and deeper from tips, apical meristems=____
- b site of photosyntheis
- c found in phloem; stacked end to end; have holes so materials can get in and out of the phloem
- d flowering plants that produce seeds in fruit.
- e type of ground tissue cell with a strong, flexible cell wall; helps support larger plants
5 Multiple choice questions
- A relatively unspecialized plant cell type that carries most of the metabolism, synthesizes and stores organic products, and develops into a more differentiated cell type
- Absorbs water and minerals from the ground. Anchors plant in ground.
- covered by cuticle; reduces evaporation
- vascular of cork cambium.
- exterior openings on underside of leaf; site of gas exchange.
5 True/False questions
in phloem; in two directions → Where are the nutrients transported to?
taproots → Absorbs water and minerals from the ground. Anchors plant in ground.
Meristematic tissue → cells that have not yet become specialized for specific functions, such as transport., source of new growth, at edges of plant tips of roots.
wax; lipid → out (#3)
outer epidermal layer → covered by tiny root hairs for more surface area and more absorption; greater area to bring in water and nutrients