5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- ground tissue
- wax; lipid
- Meristematic tissue
- in phloem; in two directions
- a tissue that does everything that the vascular, dermal and meristematic dont do.
- b The dermal tissue has ______ covering that is made from ______to prevent water loss.
- c exterior openings on underside of leaf; site of gas exchange.
- d Where are the nutrients transported to?
- e cells that have not yet become specialized for specific functions, such as transport., source of new growth, at edges of plant tips of roots.
5 Multiple choice questions
- vascular of cork cambium.
- site of photosyntheis
- a single layer of dermal tissue with covers the outside of a plant.
- What are the types of tissues?
- found in phloem; stacked end to end; have holes so materials can get in and out of the phloem
5 True/False questions
oxygen → transports water.
epidermis → covered by cuticle; reduces evaporation
fibrous roots → part of a root system in which roots branch to such an extent that no single root grows larger than the rest
xylem → transports sugar and macromolecules that leave to other parts.
tracheids → primary root found in some plants that grows longer and thicker than other roots. ex: carrots