5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Meristematic tissue
- water loss
- Primary Growth; bud
- a type of plant growth that occurs at the tips of roots and shoots plants grow taller and deeper from tips, apical meristems=____
- b cells that have not yet become specialized for specific functions, such as transport., source of new growth, at edges of plant tips of roots.
- c transports water.
- d type of ground tissue cell with a strong, flexible cell wall; helps support larger plants
- e Stomata open and close to prevent excessive ___________.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a single layer of dermal tissue with covers the outside of a plant.
- What are the types of tissues?
- waterproof barriers that force water through cells not around; keep flow one way (b/c osmosis is always high to low).
- water moves into the_______. This is called the _________.
- Where are the nutrients transported to?
5 True/False Questions
ground tissue → the outer covering of the plant, the skin. protects the plant.
Capillary action → water moves by cohesion from roots, 1 way.
Dermal Tissue → tissue that does everything that the vascular, dermal and meristematic dont do.
guard cells → surround and control stomata openings.
tracheids → long tubular cell peculiar to xylem