5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Secondary Growth
- cell types
- up the stem; root pressure
- water loss
- a vascular of cork cambium.
- b epidermal, racheids, vessel elements, sieve tube elements, companion cells, parenchyma, collenchyma, sclerenchyma.
- c Stomata open and close to prevent excessive ___________.
- d In the central vascular cylinder, because thewater moves into the xylem; because it cannot go backward, the only place it can go is ___________; this is called___________.
- e tissue consists of cells with highly thickened walls that are dead at maturity. It is generally found in the vasucular bundles of stems and as schlerids, individual bunches of cells that give pears and apple cores their gritty texture
5 Multiple choice questions
- What are the organs of plant?
- water moves into the_______. This is called the _________.
- specialized ground tissue; lots of chloroplasts; where photosynthesis occurs; veins of xylem and phloem branch.
- covered by tiny root hairs for more surface area and more absorption; greater area to bring in water and nutrients
5 True/False questions
epidermal cells → covered by cuticle; reduces evaporation
Meristematic tissue → the outer covering of the plant, the skin. protects the plant.
tracheids → site of photosyntheis
epidermis → covered by cuticle; reduces evaporation
leaves → site of photosyntheis