5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- water vapor
- in phloem; in two directions
- wax; lipid
- a Where are the nutrients transported to?
- b primary root found in some plants that grows longer and thicker than other roots. ex: carrots
- c The dermal tissue has ______ covering that is made from ______to prevent water loss.
- d out (#3)
- e Absorbs water and minerals from the ground. Anchors plant in ground.
5 Multiple choice questions
- tissue that does everything that the vascular, dermal and meristematic dont do.
- In the central vascular cylinder, because thewater moves into the xylem; because it cannot go backward, the only place it can go is ___________; this is called___________.
- The outer epidermal layer contains______________in their cell membranes to pump mineral into plant.
- type of plant growth that occurs at the tips of roots and shoots plants grow taller and deeper from tips, apical meristems=____
- surround and control stomata openings.
5 True/False questions
Dermal Tissue → the outer covering of the plant, the skin. protects the plant.
root, stems, leaves → What are the organs of plant?
Meristematic tissue → the outer covering of the plant, the skin. protects the plant.
Capillary action → water escapes through stomata; as water exits, more is drawn up through stem from roots
outer epidermal layer → covered by tiny root hairs for more surface area and more absorption; greater area to bring in water and nutrients