5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- fibrous roots
- cell types
- large layer ground tissue; endodermis; Casparian Strips
- a flowering plants that produce seeds in fruit.
- b specialized ground tissue; lots of chloroplasts; where photosynthesis occurs; veins of xylem and phloem branch.
- c epidermal, racheids, vessel elements, sieve tube elements, companion cells, parenchyma, collenchyma, sclerenchyma.
- d part of a root system in which roots branch to such an extent that no single root grows larger than the rest
- e spongy cortex; ____ encloses vascular tissue; cells are surrounded by ____________
5 Multiple choice questions
- exterior openings on underside of leaf; site of gas exchange.
- In the central vascular cylinder, because thewater moves into the xylem; because it cannot go backward, the only place it can go is ___________; this is called___________.
- Plant tissue consisting of cells joined into tubes that transport water and nutrients throughout the plant body. the bloodstream.
- transports water.
- transports sugar and macromolecules that leave to other parts.
5 True/False questions
epidermis → covered by cuticle; reduces evaporation
Casparian Strips → waterproof barriers that force water through cells not around; keep flow one way (b/c osmosis is always high to low).
wax; lipid → out (#3)
oxygen → transports water.
in phloem; in two directions → In the central vascular cylinder, because thewater moves into the xylem; because it cannot go backward, the only place it can go is ___________; this is called___________.