5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- large layer ground tissue; endodermis; Casparian Strips
- Casparian Strips
- fibrous roots
- carbon dioxide
- a part of a root system in which roots branch to such an extent that no single root grows larger than the rest
- b A relatively unspecialized plant cell type that carries most of the metabolism, synthesizes and stores organic products, and develops into a more differentiated cell type
- c in
- d spongy cortex; ____ encloses vascular tissue; cells are surrounded by ____________
- e waterproof barriers that force water through cells not around; keep flow one way (b/c osmosis is always high to low).
5 Multiple choice questions
- the outer covering of the plant, the skin. protects the plant.
- transports sugar and macromolecules that leave to other parts.
- What are the organs of plant?
- a single layer of dermal tissue with covers the outside of a plant.
- specialized ground tissue; lots of chloroplasts; where photosynthesis occurs; veins of xylem and phloem branch.
5 True/False questions
collenchyma → tissue consists of cells with highly thickened walls that are dead at maturity. It is generally found in the vasucular bundles of stems and as schlerids, individual bunches of cells that give pears and apple cores their gritty texture
vascular tissue → the outer covering of the plant, the skin. protects the plant.
vessel elements → found in phloem; stacked end to end; have holes so materials can get in and out of the phloem
wax; lipid → The dermal tissue has ______ covering that is made from ______to prevent water loss.
outer epidermal layer → a single layer of dermal tissue with covers the outside of a plant.