5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- outer epidermal layer
- Secondary Growth
- Capillary action
- a Absorbs water and minerals from the ground. Anchors plant in ground.
- b water moves by cohesion from roots, 1 way.
- c vascular of cork cambium.
- d water escapes through stomata; as water exits, more is drawn up through stem from roots
- e covered by tiny root hairs for more surface area and more absorption; greater area to bring in water and nutrients
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- spongy cortex; ____ encloses vascular tissue; cells are surrounded by ____________
- waterproof barriers that force water through cells not around; keep flow one way (b/c osmosis is always high to low).
- The outer epidermal layer contains______________in their cell membranes to pump mineral into plant.
- specialized ground tissue; lots of chloroplasts; where photosynthesis occurs; veins of xylem and phloem branch.
5 True/False Questions
vessel elements → A specialized short, wide cell in angiosperms; arranged end to end, they form continuous tubes for water transport.
root, stems, leaves → site of photosyntheis
xylem → transports water.
phloem → transports water.
tracheids → site of photosyntheis