5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- wax; lipid
- water loss
- large layer ground tissue; endodermis; Casparian Strips
- sieve tube elements
- a exterior openings on underside of leaf; site of gas exchange.
- b The dermal tissue has ______ covering that is made from ______to prevent water loss.
- c spongy cortex; ____ encloses vascular tissue; cells are surrounded by ____________
- d found in phloem; stacked end to end; have holes so materials can get in and out of the phloem
- e Stomata open and close to prevent excessive ___________.
5 Multiple choice questions
- water moves by cohesion from roots, 1 way.
- Absorbs water and minerals from the ground. Anchors plant in ground.
- waterproof barriers that force water through cells not around; keep flow one way (b/c osmosis is always high to low).
- a single layer of dermal tissue with covers the outside of a plant.
5 True/False questions
cell types → epidermal, racheids, vessel elements, sieve tube elements, companion cells, parenchyma, collenchyma, sclerenchyma.
taproots → Absorbs water and minerals from the ground. Anchors plant in ground.
stem → support; holds plant up to the sunlight; transports substance b/w roots and leaves.
leaves → site of photosyntheis
ground tissue → the outer covering of the plant, the skin. protects the plant.