← Evolution Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Genetic equilibrium...
- Analogous structures...
- Gene flow...
- Examples of changes in allele frequencies of a population...
- a A state in which a pop. is not evolving
- b Movement of alleles into or out of a pop. b immigration or emigration
- c Mutations, natural selection, genetic drift, gene flow & isolating mechanisms
- d A pop. consists of the number of individuals of a given species living together at the same place at the same time
- e Body parts in different lineages that look alike, but evolved separately after the lineages divergence
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Human pop.'s have been regulated by food availability, disease and predators
- Vestigial structures
- A pop. tends to grow until it begins to exhaust the resources of its environment
- Live on refuse (organic waste) of an ecosystem
- Statistical study of a pop.
5 True/False Questions
Biologists believe that biodiversity is achieved through the process of... → Natural selection & isolating mechanisms
Life tables... → Fate of a cohort from birth until death
Darwin collected a closely related group of... → Finches
Convergent evolution... → Changes in allele frequencies of a population
Hyracotherium species... → Small size, multiple toes, small & simple teeth