5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What do we do with cats that have heartworm?
- What are signs of avermectin toxicity?
- How long does the pyrantel pamoate drug need to be withheld for meat in cattle and goats?
- What pyrantel pamoate drug given to horses?
- What organophosphate drug has no milk withholding period?
- a given steroids and preventatives and wait for worms to die naturally.
- b 14 days in cattle, 30 in goats.
- c ataxia, coma, vision loss, bradycardia.
- d coumaphos (baymix).
- e strongid-C.
5 Multiple choice questions
- contraction of pupils.
- only body.
- heartguard, interceptor, filaribits.
- pyrantel pamoate.
- fenbendazole given for 5 days.
5 True/False questions
What benzimidazole drug should be avoided with liver dz? → fenbendazole given for 5 days.
What are the two treatments for heartworm? → caparsolate, immiticide.
What broad spectrum benzimidazole should not be given for the first 45 days of pregnancy? → albendazole.
At what stage are heartworm easiest to kill? → immature adults and females.
What cestode drug gets both dipylidium and taenia tapes? → piperazine, benzimidazoles, organophosphates, pyrantel pamoate, vermiplex, avermectin.