5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- How many weeks after microfilaricide is retesting done?
- When does piperazine need to be repeated and why?
- What two tests are used to look for microfilaria?
- What 6 drugs are best for treating nematodes?
- What does SLUD stand for and what drug is it associated with?
- a piperazine, benzimidazoles, organophosphates, pyrantel pamoate, vermiplex, avermectin.
- b salivation, lacrimation, urination, defecation. associated with organophosphate OD.
- c 3 weeks.
- d 2-3 weeks. only gets adults.
- e difil and knotts.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- atropine, 2-PAM, wash off if topical.
- if given daily will kill ingested larvae, but will NOT kill adults.
5 True/False Questions
What are the two treatments for heartworm? → given steroids and preventatives and wait for worms to die naturally.
Why does pyrantel pamoate need to be shaken before given? → nemex, strongid-T, imathol.
What do we do with cats that have heartworm? → given steroids and preventatives and wait for worms to die naturally.
What are signs of avermectin toxicity? → ivermectin.
What organophosphate drug is good for bots in horses? → coumaphos (baymix).