5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What two tests are used to look for microfilaria?
- What pyrantel pamoate drug given to horses?
- What benzimidazole drug should be avoided with liver dz?
- What drug should not be used with organophosphates due to synergism?
- What happens after the first heartworm treatment?
- a difil and knotts.
- b pyrantel pamoate.
- c strongid-C.
- d after 4 weeks give microfilaricide to kill L-1, 3, 4, 5's.
- e mebendazole.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- given steroids and preventatives and wait for worms to die naturally.
- trichloriform (telmin B).
- atropine, 2-PAM, wash off if topical.
- immature adults and females.
5 True/False Questions
When does piperazine need to be repeated and why? → it is a suspension.
What GI anthelmintic is sensitive to herding breeds? → benzimidazole.
What cestode drug gets both dipylidium and taenia tapes? → piperazine, benzimidazoles, organophosphates, pyrantel pamoate, vermiplex, avermectin.
What OTC GI anthelmintic can be irritating to the mouth? → vermiplex.
How does strongid-C work? → contraction of pupils.