5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What side of the heart do heartworms live in?
- What are the two treatments for heartworm?
- What organophosphate drug is good for bots in horses?
- Prescription cestode products get what part(s) of the worm?
- How does strongid-C work?
- a head (scolex) and body (proglottids).
- b right side.
- c if given daily will kill ingested larvae, but will NOT kill adults.
- d caparsolate, immiticide.
- e trichloriform (telmin B).
5 Multiple choice questions
- 2-3 weeks. only gets adults.
- after 4 weeks give microfilaricide to kill L-1, 3, 4, 5's.
5 True/False questions
What cestode drug gets both dipylidium and taenia tapes? → droncit.
Why does pyrantel pamoate need to be shaken before given? → nemex, strongid-T, imathol.
What drug should not be used with organophosphates due to synergism? → pyrantel pamoate.
Which heartworm treatment is safer and more effective? → immiticide.
What two tests are used to look for microfilaria? → caparsolate, immiticide.