5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What three pyrantel pamoate drugs are given to dogs?
- What do we do with cats that have heartworm?
- What is the treatment for an organophosphate overdose?
- How does strongid-C work?
- What benzimidazole drug is used extra-label for Giardia?
- a fenbendazole given for 5 days.
- b if given daily will kill ingested larvae, but will NOT kill adults.
- c given steroids and preventatives and wait for worms to die naturally.
- d nemex, strongid-T, imathol.
- e atropine, 2-PAM, wash off if topical.
5 Multiple choice questions
- pyrantel pamoate.
- coumaphos (baymix).
5 True/False questions
What does miosis mean? → contraction of pupils.
What heartworm preventative is given daily? → immature adults and females.
How many weeks after microfilaricide is retesting done? → after 4 weeks give microfilaricide to kill L-1, 3, 4, 5's.
What are signs of avermectin toxicity? → ivermectin.
What stage of heartworm is injected into the dog from the mosquito? → L-3.