5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What heartworm preventative is given daily?
- What benzimidazole drug is used extra-label for Giardia?
- Prescription cestode products get what part(s) of the worm?
- What organophosphate drug is good for bots in horses?
- At what stage are heartworm easiest to kill?
- a head (scolex) and body (proglottids).
- b filaribits.
- c fenbendazole given for 5 days.
- d L-3, L-4.
- e trichloriform (telmin B).
5 Multiple choice questions
- it is a suspension.
- coumaphos (baymix).
- 3 weeks.
- heartguard, interceptor, filaribits.
- right side.
5 True/False questions
What two tests are used to look for microfilaria? → caparsolate, immiticide.
What benzimidazole drug should be avoided with liver dz? → fenbendazole given for 5 days.
OTC cestode products get what part(s) of the worm? → only body.
Which heartworm treatment is safer and more effective? → immature adults and females.
What OTC GI anthelmintic can be irritating to the mouth? → avermectin.