5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What pyrantel pamoate drug given to horses?
- Which heartworm treatment is safer and more effective?
- How does strongid-C work?
- What drug should not be used with organophosphates due to synergism?
- What cestode drug gets both dipylidium and taenia tapes?
- a strongid-C.
- b immiticide.
- c droncit.
- d if given daily will kill ingested larvae, but will NOT kill adults.
- e pyrantel pamoate.
5 Multiple choice questions
- heartguard, interceptor, filaribits.
- after 4 weeks give microfilaricide to kill L-1, 3, 4, 5's.
- piperazine, benzimidazoles, organophosphates, pyrantel pamoate, vermiplex, avermectin.
- nemex, strongid-T, imathol.
5 True/False questions
What is the treatment for an organophosphate overdose? → atropine, 2-PAM, wash off if topical.
What heartworm preventative is given daily? → filaribits.
What is the most common avermectin? → ivermectin.
What side of the heart do heartworms live in? → heartguard, interceptor, filaribits.
At what stage are heartworm easiest to kill? → L-3, L-4.