5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- 16th Amendment
- Factory Safety
- Political Machines
- 17th Amendment
- a A political party organization in big cities that holds power by controlling votes, courts, and police
- b A change to the Constitution allowing the direct election of Senators
- c A change to the Constitution allowing for the goverment to pass direct taxes, such as income tax
- d Many ______ were very poor it had papers and items everywhere on the floor.
The bosses would lock the doors so the workers couldn't get out if a fire or emergency happened unexpectedly
- e What does suffrage mean?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A change to the Constitution that gave women the right to vote
- People can vote directly on a proposed law
- Changes made in politics to get rid of political corruption
- A person hired to represent a company or special interest group
- Forced sparation of people of different races in public places
5 True/False Questions
Direct Primary → Removal of an elected official by voters in a special election
Pendleton Act( Pendleton Civil Service Act) → Set a merit system controlled by the civil service
At first the Act affected only 14,000 out of 130,000 federal jobs
Act now has more than 90% of the goverment jobs
Reform President(Theodore Roosevelt) → I took over when McKinley was shot
I was known as a cowboy, reform, and progressive
Income Tax, Senators elected, Alcohol no no, Women Vote → What does ISAW Stand for?
... → ...