5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- detritivores and decomposers
- density - dependent
- tropical dry forest
- a Consume nonliving organic matter.
- b The sum total of all organisms in an area, taking into account the diversity of species, the diversity of populations within a community, and the diversity of communities within an ecosystem.
- c Factors waxes and wanes according to population density.
- d Occurs when one organism benefits and the other is unaffected.
- e Tropical areas that are warm year-round but where rainfall is lower overall and highly seasonal give rise.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Competing species that live side by side at a certain ratio of population sizes may reach a stable quilibrium point.
- a group of organisms of the same species that live in the same area
- Pollute water, land and air.
- Occurs when one member of an interaion exploits another for its own gain.
- Visual map of feeding relationships and energy flow, showing the many paths by which energy passes among organisms as they consume one another.
5 True/False Questions
Frederick Clements → Promoted the view that communities are cohesive entities whose members remain associated over time and space.
Variable → In an experiment, a condition that can change. See dependent and independent variable.
k-selected → species that devote large amounts of energy and resources to carry for a few offsprings
interdisciplinary field → A field that borrows techniques from several more traditional fields of study and brings together research results from these fields into broad synthesis.
treatment → Process by which an individual of one species, hunts, captures, kills, and consumes individual of another species, its prey.