6 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- components in tobacco may increase the production of cytokines or inflammatory mediators
- 2 packs/day for 20 years=____ pack years
- 1 pack/day for 20 years= _____ pack years
2 packs/day for 10 years= ______ pack years
- one in three smokers exhibits increased melanin pigmentation on the surface gingiva, usually on the attached gingiva of __________ ________ teeth
- it is estimated that smoking is responsible for more than ____ of the cases of periodontal disease.
- for every 10 pack increment, there is a ___mm increase in mean attachment loss
5 True/False Questions
calculus → it is estimated that smoking is responsible for more than ____ of the cases of periodontal disease.
3 → 1 in _______ smokers will have implant failure (1 in 25 of nonsmokers)
moderate → a _________ smoker has 20 pack years
refractory → greater than 90% of ___________ periodontal cases are smokers.
smokers → smokers tend to have _________ levels of tannerella forsythia and porphyromonas gingivilas after treatment (anaerobic bacteria)