5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What did Rutherford B. hayes, James Garfield, and Chester Arthur have in common?
- True or False: Along with women and African Americans, American Indians, Chinese Americans, and Mexican Americans benefitted from the reforms of the progressive era.
- a A town that grew in mining areas where there were rushes. These usually didn't last because the gold usually ran out, or there was no gold at all.
- b a group of reformers in the late 1800s, who began working to improve society
- c They brought about sweeping civil service reforms.
- d False
- e Exclusive right to manufacture or sell an invention.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- negotiate with factory owners on behalf of workers in a particular business or industry for better wages and working conditions.
- a large find of precious ore
- outlawed the production and sale of alcoholic beverages in the United States
- First major agreement between U.S. officials and plains indians.
- Type of monetary system in which both gold and silver money was coined.
5 True/False Questions
Which group used such tactics as picketing, hunger strikes, and civil disobedience in its campaign for women's rights? → Mary "Mother" Jones
Which state was not a site of the Gold Rush? → Arizona
Exodusters → Exclusive right to manufacture or sell an invention.
Terence V. Powderly → Type of monetary system in which both gold and silver money was coined.
What type of organization was formed by immigrant communities to help others in case of sickness, unemployment, or death? → Arizona