5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What was composed around 700?
- What are stone walls unable to do?
- What claims does Portia make about mercy?
- What is the nature of the god? (Maximus)
- When Orual recognizes, "I am Ungit," what does she mean?
- a it blesses the giver and the receiver
- b Beowulf
- c they are unable to make a prison
- d Orual's love is more of a consuming love that is wrapped up in herself
- e gentle/loving
5 Multiple choice questions
- cheerful poems on frivolous topics, carpe diem
- Storge (Motherly Love), Phileo (Brotherly Love/Friendship), Eros (Romantic Love), Agape (Sacrificial Love)
- he can't believe it, feels good about himself
- 1: If he had enough time, he would just sit and watch her; vegetable love
2: If she doesn't give her virginity to him, it will be to the worms and she will die; no life after death
3: They love like birds devouring their prey; we need to make most of our time
5 True/False questions
What do the inscriptions on the outside of each casket say? → 1659
Apostrophe → when one talks to someone who can't respond
What is Grendel's ancestry? → Couplet
Pastoral → a poem that idealizes rustic, country life
Love is like a freight train → spiritual enlightenment