5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Love rolls down the tracks
- Names the four loves in Greek
- What is the name for poems that idealize shepherd life?
- what statement shows Satan's idea about reality?
- a Metaphor
- b Mind is its own place, can make a Heaven of Hell and a Hell of Heaven
- c Storge (Motherly Love), Phileo (Brotherly Love/Friendship), Eros (Romantic Love), Agape (Sacrificial Love)
- d Pastoral poems
- e spiritual enlightenment
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- extra material
- it should go to the woman because she is so beautiful
- the irrational side of the mind
- "All that has failed and our love is as if it had never been."
- Historical: Arturius, Celtic general who fought against Anglo-Saxons.
Legendary: King Arthur, English king
5 True/False Questions
What does the Priest of Essur need to learn? → the story of Istra (Psyche) and the worshipping of Istra are two completely different things
Describe the tone of this book (Sir Gawain) → Festive; Happy
Renaissance Man → a poet, historian, courtier, soldier, explorer, spy
What three literary devices are often in Anglo-Saxon literature? → 449-1066
What hints tell us about Grendel's form? → descendent of Cain, big arm span, has hands, "sliding", gleaming eyes, massive jaws, big mouth, talons