← English Exam Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- How does the priest defend the Shadowbrute?
- What are stone walls unable to do?
- What are some aspects of a good first sentence?
- a It says something a little strange; makes a lot of info irrelevant; hooks the reader
- b the irrational side of the mind
- c a flaw that relates to the conflict (in a character)
- d He argues that the Psyche is the best and the worst-the best person and at the same time the accursed. She is offered to the Shadowbrute because she is pure, but she puts on the sins (scapegoat) of the people. Loving and devouring can be interpreted to be that the god is overwhelming, and he consumer us.
- e they are unable to make a prison
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- 14 line poem with 10 syllables per line, mostly iambic pentameter
5 True/False Questions
What sin do the rioters keep committing? (the pardoner's tale) → descendent of Cain, big arm span, has hands, "sliding", gleaming eyes, massive jaws, big mouth, talons
What is the date of The Restoration? → 1660
Pastoral → a flaw that relates to the conflict (in a character)
The Sublime → a passage that overwhelms you; different worlds, values, feelings, ideas converge; can be heard again and again with equal pleasure; transcends time and space; echoes the soul; hides artistic endeavor
What was composed around 700? → Beowulf