← English Exam Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Interpret the metaphor about shooting an arrow?
- What is improbable about the fight?
- what statement shows Satan's idea about reality?
- a Beowulf leans up on one arm and twists Grendel's claw back, Grendel snatched 30 men up and touched a door and knocked off hinges
- b Shooting another arrow means that Bassanio wants to borrow more money from Antonio, so he can find the money he lost that belongs to Antonio (the other arrow)
- c the belief that words represent things that exist apart from man, that there is a center of meaning that all things are said to point back to
- d Mind is its own place, can make a Heaven of Hell and a Hell of Heaven
- e a flaw that relates to the conflict (in a character)
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- He comes at Christmas, allows himself to be tortured, the act symbolizes death and rebirth, he requires that we surrender our life to him, he points out our sin, he forgives completely, mistaken for devil, tests our love
- coral is far more red than her lips
- Redival: The fool's way
Orual: The way of the disillusioned sensible man
Psyche: The Christian Way
5 True/False Questions
What will Lovelace do if she visits him? → 1660
Why does it confuse monotheism and polytheism? (Maximus) → Lawrence wanted his poem to relate to more people; he believes God accepts everyone
Presumably where has the husband gone and whom with? (The Wife's Lament) → young age, things get worse and worse when you grow older
Anxiety of Influence → the irrational side of the mind
For what reasons did Plato kick the poets out of the republic? → 1625