5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Conditioning papers involves including a mark that indicates the papers are ready for filing.
(T or F)
- Releasing a record, with regard to filing it, means:
(deciding where to file a particular item, removing pins and paper clips, placing a mark indicating that the item is ready for filing, or arranging papers in filing sequence)
- ___________ includes adding a mark that indicates the documents are ready to be filed.
- Which of the following is not an advantage of color-coded filing systems?
(patient charts can be found quickly, patient charts can be refiled quickly, it is easy to tell when a file has been placed, or all of the above are advantages)
- The process of moving an active file to inactive status is called:
- a false
- b purging
- c Releasing records
- d placing a mark indicating that the item is ready for filing
- e all of the above are advantages
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- to protect the patient's health and well-being
- family history
- A. Martin
- Stilesduncan, Amanda M.
5 True/False Questions
A filing system in which an intermediary source of reference, such as a file card, must be consulted to locate specific files is called a(n) _____________ system. → purging
Files for patients who have died, moved away, or otherwise terminated their relationship with the physician are called _____________ files. → closed
Which of the following are common types of filing equipment found in a medical office?
(rotary circular files, lateral files, automated files, or all of the above) → all of the above
HIPAA recommends that physicians keep the records on patients for at least:
(1 year, 2 years, 3 years, or HIPAA does not recommend a number of years) → HIPAA does not recommend a number of years
An item used to provide space for the temporary filing of materials is called a(n): → OUTfolder