5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Which of the following is not objective information?
(progress notes, diagnosis, family history, or physical examination and findings)
- What is the most important reason for telling the physician when a charting error is discovered later?
(to protect the patient's health and well-being, to protect the MA's job, to keep the patient from discovering the error, or to make sure the MA is not accused of making the error)
- Numeric filing is a direct filing system. (T or F)
- The method of filing in which one report is laid on top of the older report, resembling a roof, is called:
- Which of the following are common types of filing equipment found in a medical office?
(rotary circular files, lateral files, automated files, or all of the above)
- a shingling
- b all of the above
- c false
- d to protect the patient's health and well-being
- e family history
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Stilesduncan, Amanda M.
- physician or provider
- A. Martin
5 True/False Questions
Which of the following names should be filed first?
(Wm. Jones or William Jones) → A. Martin
Which of the following is not an advantage of color-coded filing systems?
(patient charts can be found quickly, patient charts can be refiled quickly, it is easy to tell when a file has been placed, or all of the above are advantages) → all of the above are advantages
HIPAA recommends that physicians keep the records on patients for at least:
(1 year, 2 years, 3 years, or HIPAA does not recommend a number of years) → OUTfolder
___________ includes adding a mark that indicates the documents are ready to be filed. → false
A filing system in which an intermediary source of reference, such as a file card, must be consulted to locate specific files is called a(n) _____________ system. → purging