5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- HIPAA recommends that physicians keep the records on patients for at least:
(1 year, 2 years, 3 years, or HIPAA does not recommend a number of years)
- Which of the following are common types of filing equipment found in a medical office?
(rotary circular files, lateral files, automated files, or all of the above)
- Conditioning papers involves including a mark that indicates the papers are ready for filing.
(T or F)
- The medical record should be released only with a:
(verbal order from the physician, written order from the physician, verbal order from the office manager, or written release from the patient)
- The physical medical record belongs to the:
(patient, physician or provider, insurance company, or all of the above)
- a HIPAA does not recommend a number of years
- b physician or provider
- c all of the above
- d false
- e written release from the patient
5 Multiple choice questions
- all of the above are advantages
- Releasing records
- William Jones
- filing activity is greatest when the system is initiated
- the patient
5 True/False questions
How would you properly index the name "Amanda M. Stiles-Duncan" for filing? → Stilesduncan, Amanda M.
Continuity of care means:
(granted or endowed with a particular authority; medical attention that continues smoothly from one provider to another so that the patient receives the most benefit; a formal examination of an organization's or individual's accounts; or an aggregate of activities designed to ensure adequate quality, especially in manufactured products or in the service industries) → purging
Which of the following is not objective information?
(progress notes, diagnosis, family history, or physical examination and findings) → A. Martin
What is the most important reason for telling the physician when a charting error is discovered later?
(to protect the patient's health and well-being, to protect the MA's job, to keep the patient from discovering the error, or to make sure the MA is not accused of making the error) → A. Martin
A filing system in which an intermediary source of reference, such as a file card, must be consulted to locate specific files is called a(n) _____________ system. → indirect filing