← Kinn's Ch.14 Q's Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- ___________ includes adding a mark that indicates the documents are ready to be filed.
- Which of the following is not an advantage of a numeric filing system?
(it allows periodic expansion without shifting folders, it saves time in record retrieval and refiling, it provides additional confidentiality to the chart, or filing activity is greatest when the system is initiated)
- The physical medical record belongs to the:
(patient, physician or provider, insurance company, or all of the above)
- The medical assistant should consider which of the following when selecting filing equipment?
(confidentiality requirements, fire protection, cost of space and equipment, or all of the above)
- Which of the following names should be filed first?
(Wm. Jones or William Jones)
- a Releasing records
- b physician or provider
- c William Jones
- d filing activity is greatest when the system is initiated
- e all of the above
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Stilesduncan, Amanda M.
- A. Martin
5 True/False Questions
HIPAA recommends that physicians keep the records on patients for at least:
(1 year, 2 years, 3 years, or HIPAA does not recommend a number of years) → HIPAA does not recommend a number of years
The method of filing in which one report is laid on top of the older report, resembling a roof, is called: → false
Releasing a record, with regard to filing it, means:
(deciding where to file a particular item, removing pins and paper clips, placing a mark indicating that the item is ready for filing, or arranging papers in filing sequence) → placing a mark indicating that the item is ready for filing
Which of the following are common types of filing equipment found in a medical office?
(rotary circular files, lateral files, automated files, or all of the above) → all of the above
The preferred filing method for a physician's office is:
(alphabetic, numeric, alphanumeric, or the one most preferred by the staff) → A. Martin