5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The preferred filing method for a physician's office is:
(alphabetic, numeric, alphanumeric, or the one most preferred by the staff)
- Which of the following is not objective information?
(progress notes, diagnosis, family history, or physical examination and findings)
- HIPAA recommends that physicians keep the records on patients for at least:
(1 year, 2 years, 3 years, or HIPAA does not recommend a number of years)
- The physical medical record belongs to the:
(patient, physician or provider, insurance company, or all of the above)
- ___________ includes adding a mark that indicates the documents are ready to be filed.
- a physician or provider
- b family history
- c the one most preferred by the staff
- d HIPAA does not recommend a number of years
- e Releasing records
5 Multiple choice questions
- medical attention that continues smoothly from one provider to another so that the patient receives the most benefit
- all of the above
- to protect the patient's health and well-being
- A. Martin
5 True/False questions
A filing system in which an intermediary source of reference, such as a file card, must be consulted to locate specific files is called a(n) _____________ system. → indirect filing
The method of filing in which one report is laid on top of the older report, resembling a roof, is called: → false
Numeric filing is a direct filing system. (T or F) → purging
Which of the following is not an advantage of a numeric filing system?
(it allows periodic expansion without shifting folders, it saves time in record retrieval and refiling, it provides additional confidentiality to the chart, or filing activity is greatest when the system is initiated) → filing activity is greatest when the system is initiated
Which of the following names should be filed first?
(Wm. Jones or William Jones) → A. Martin