5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Chester A. Arthur
- Christopher Sholes
- Natural selection
- a an economic and political system based on government control of business and property and equal distribution of wealth
- b less-suited individuals die off while the best adapted survive.
- c Garfield's VP who became president after assassination
- d invented the typewriter
- e many immigrant families would come together to live in one house
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The Supreme Court upheld the Granger Laws. The states won the right to regulate the RRs for the benefit of farmers and consumers.
- business practice used by Carnegie to buy out all of his suppliers - raw materials like coal and iron mines, ore freighters, and RRs
- Japan's government agreed to limit immigrants of unskilled workers to the US in exchange for the repeal of the segregation order that was taking place on the west coast
- The first skyscraper created in Chicago in 1885 - built by William Le Baron Jenney
- A construction company formed by the Union Pacific RR that charged more then necessary for RR construction and gave the extra back into the Union Pacific company.
5 True/False Questions
Alexander Graham Bell → invented the telephone
Interstate Commerce Act → This act reestablished the right of the federal government to supervise RR activities and established a five-member Interstate Commerce Commission
Rutherford B. Hayes → Founded the American Railway Union
Captain of Industry → A construction company formed by the Union Pacific RR that charged more then necessary for RR construction and gave the extra back into the Union Pacific company.
James A. Garfield → 1st person to use the steam engine to drill for oil