← AH Semester Test Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Sherman Antitrust Act
- The Great Strike of 1877
- political machine
- Angel Island
- a made it illegal to form a trust that interfered with free trade between states or with other countries.
- b a strike involving the B&O RR. President Hayes had to intervene sending in federal troops to end the strike
- c Inspection station for immigrants arriving on the West Coast - San Francisco Bay
- d immigrants hitched a ride in this area of the cargo ships while crossing the Atlantic and Pacific
- e organized group that controlled the activities of a political party in a city
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Act passed by Arthur to appoint people to federal jobs through a merit system based on candidate performance based on an exam.
- immigrate temporarily to earn money and then return home
- Social organization of farmers
- Laws that the grange were trying to get passed. They wanted "to establish maximum freight and passenger rates and prohibit discrimination."
- One of the oldest steel wire suspension bridge
5 True/False Questions
National Reclamation Act → less-suited individuals die off while the best adapted survive.
Robber Baron → One of the American industrialists of the late 19th century who became wealthy by unethical means
transcontinental railroad → The joining of the Central Pacific and the Union Pacific in Promontory, Utah on May 10, 1869
Chester A. Arthur → One of the American industrialists of the late 19th century who became wealthy by unethical means
Triangle Shirtwaist Factory → made it illegal to form a trust that interfered with free trade between states or with other countries.