5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882
- Robber Baron
- J.P. Morgan
- George Westinghouse
- B&O RR
- a banned entry to all Chinese except students, teachers, merchants, tourists, and government officials for 10 years.
- b RR where the Great Strike of 1877 took place
- c One of the American industrialists of the late 19th century who became wealthy by unethical means
- d Very successful with his holding company
- e inventor who made electricity safer and less expensive
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a strike involving the B&O RR. President Hayes had to intervene sending in federal troops to end the strike
- This is the location where Edwin L. Drake first used the steam engine to drill for oil
- A construction company formed by the Union Pacific RR that charged more then necessary for RR construction and gave the extra back into the Union Pacific company.
- when one corporation buys out the stock of another
- National Labor Union - the first large scale national organization formed by William H. Sylvis
5 True/False Questions
William Le Baron Jenney → Grew out of Charles Darwin's theory of biological evolution.
Pullman Town → George M. Pullman's town where the workers would live. It had apartments, a theater, shops, dentist, doctors... etc.
Grover Cleveland → Tried to lower tariff rates but congress wouldn't allow it (only president to swerve two non-consecutive terms)
Pendleton Civil Service Act of 1883 → banned entry to all Chinese except students, teachers, merchants, tourists, and government officials for 10 years.
political machine → Grew out of Charles Darwin's theory of biological evolution.