5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Mary Harris Jones
- The Homestead Strike
- Angel Island
- Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882
- political machine
- a Inspection station for immigrants arriving on the West Coast - San Francisco Bay
- b prominent woman in the labor movement - she supported the Great Strike of 1877. She also staged a march with 80 children
- c banned entry to all Chinese except students, teachers, merchants, tourists, and government officials for 10 years.
- d A strike that took place at Carnegie Steel because of pay cuts
- e organized group that controlled the activities of a political party in a city
5 Multiple choice questions
- Professor who proposed that the world be split into time zones
- During a depression Pullman lowered wages in his company but kept the rent in his town the same - which caused people who lived there to go on strike
- A strike that took place in Chicago's Haymarket Square - people were protesting police brutality after a strike when a person threw a bomb into the crowd
- a business leader whose means of amassing a personal fortune contributes positively to the country in some way.
- a corporation that does nothing buy buy out the stock of other companies - JP Morgan
5 True/False questions
George Westinghouse → inventor who made electricity safer and less expensive
IWW → American Railway Union - this was an industrial union
Timezones → There are 24 time zones in the world - 4 in the United States. Central, Pacific, Eastern, and Mountain.
graft → American Railway Union - this was an industrial union
Monopoly → National Labor Union - the first large scale national organization formed by William H. Sylvis