5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Henry Clay Frick
- Angel Island
- Alexander Graham Bell
- On the Origin of Species
- a invented the telephone
- b Inspection station for immigrants arriving on the West Coast - San Francisco Bay
- c Carnegie Steel president who cut wages - leading to The Homestead Strike
- d a socialist union called the Industrial Workers of the World
- e Book by Darwin where he talks about how species flourish and pass their traits along to the next generation, while others do no.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a union that formed by workers of a "craft" (Like in Winnebago - not the WHOLE company but just the cabinet workers)
- immigrate temporarily to earn money and then return home
- Social organization of farmers
- Henry Bessemer used this process to remove carbon from iron-ore. This made the steel more rust resistant and lighter
- The joining of the Central Pacific and the Union Pacific in Promontory, Utah on May 10, 1869
5 True/False Questions
Sherman Antitrust Act → made it illegal to form a trust that interfered with free trade between states or with other countries.
Thomas Alva Edison → perfected the incandescent light bulb
James A. Garfield → Independent elected president - assassinated on July 2, 1881
National Reclamation Act → encouraged people to irrigate land in the West - led to an increase in Mexican immigration
Credit Mobilier → A construction company formed by the Union Pacific RR that charged more then necessary for RR construction and gave the extra back into the Union Pacific company.