5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- base-pair substitution
- phage library
- Law of Independent Assortment
- a clones in bacteriophages
- b process in which a hydrogen atom is attached to one subunit and a hydroxyl group to the other- water is added
- c states that allele pairs separate independently during the formation of gametes
- d A type of point mutation; the replacement of one nucleotide and its partner in the complementary DNA strand by another pair of nucleotides.
- e The synthesis of RNA on a DNA template.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the period of the cell cycle during which the nucleus is not undergoing division, typically occurring between mitotic or meiotic divisions
- A type of RNA, synthesized from DNA, that attaches to ribosomes in the cytoplasm and specifies the primary structure of a protein.
- grow bacteria on agar with ampicillin and xgal
- a membrane protein that identifies the cell type
- makes or synthesizes lipids, detoxification of drugs/medicines
5 True/False Questions
Activation Energy → energy is required to move a substance across a cell membrane
base → a charged particle
Centromere → a specialized condensed region of each chromosome that appears during mitosis where the chromatids are held together to form an X shape
Gametes → One of a ribosome's three binding sites for tRNA during translation. Holds the tRNA carrying the next amino acid to be added to the polypeptide chain.
Dihybrid Cross → hybridization using two traits with two alleles each