5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Jermone Robbins
- how many of Isadora's kids died?
- Ted Shawn's Male Dancers
- What is black face?
- how were woman seen who join the chorus of the black crook?
- a facial mask;make up worn by both white and black to illustrate racial sterotypes and perceptions.
- b 1930-1960's First all male dance company. Worked and lived together.Wanted to highlight athleticism and masculinity
- c choregrapher of west side story- retells romeo&juliet,
- d they were seen as lady of the night
- e 2/3
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Before studying tap dance you must have some sense of coordination, body control and Rhythm for at At least a year of ballet
- Costarred with Ann Reinking in Fosse, a Broadway revue featuring a collection of Fosse's best choreography, and was an expert on Fosse's work/style
- farmhouse where Ted Shawn company farmed, work and lived together while training and rehearsing. Performances were held there, too
- Dance of Expression
- found at the femanist store. "Ginger did everything that fred did but backwards with heels on"
5 True/False Questions
How trained were the US dancers, and what were their background like? → they had a very negative reaction.they thought it was skeptical, but enjoy the long legs, and they also didn't know what to do with it
Merce Cunningham → second generation modern dancer; developed contraction/release and dramatic story telling of Greek tragedies; used lots of props and set and striped costumes. developed the "Cupped Hand". Studied with Ruth St. Denis and Denishawn, and enjoy Asian influences in her work
fosse's famous works → the pajama game, chicago, sweet charity, all that jazz
shirley temple & bill bojangles Robinson → first black man tap dancing with a white girl on film. and huge age difference
Luigi → " Luigi Technique" a style which evolved from " the inside out". states one should take classes as if its for the first time