5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The Black Crook
- What is black face?
- Jermone Robbins
- how many personal tragedies
- Gwen Verdon starred in?
- a Damn yankees and The pajama game
- b 3
the accident that killed her children, son died after few hours of being born
- c facial mask;make up worn by both white and black to illustrate racial sterotypes and perceptions.
- d a theater piece about a hunchback who makes a pact with the devil. premiered in 1866 in the US. and incorporated dance soloists from Europe. many American woman joined the chorus, and the show traveled around the country for several years. ]
- e choregrapher of west side story- retells romeo&juliet,
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- an audition that brings together hundreds of dancers vying for limited parts
- of sound , and america's cultural contribution to the world of dance
- By teaching how to dance instead of teaching routines.
- they were seen as lady of the night
- the US dancers did not have any training on the from of ballet, and most of the dancers were woman who were trying to survived by any means.
5 True/False Questions
how many of Isadora's kids died? → 2/3
why did the third rich wish to eliminate modern dancer? → the third rich was the period of Hater's accusation
did Luigi teach jazz with a ballet barre → Luigi dance has no barre because he wants the students to learn how to support and control himself totally from within and through finding the feeling of using space as a barre
shirley temple & bill bojangles Robinson → he want his students to understand his feelings, and than they with be able to understand him and his dance
describe Promise land → choregrapher of west side story- retells romeo&juliet,