5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- who is Gwen Verdon
- how did the audience receive the black crook?
- who is Bill T. Jones
- How does Luigi prepare for teaching class
- what does he feel one need to know to study to properly learn to tap?
- a Before studying tap dance you must have some sense of coordination, body control and Rhythm for at At least a year of ballet
- b a provactive artist;potically controversial
- c comes in an hour early, take off his clothes, put a rob on , and relax and feel at home
- d a broadway performer and Fosse's ex wife.
- e they had a very negative reaction.they thought it was skeptical, but enjoy the long legs, and they also didn't know what to do with it
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Jerome Robbins
- farmhouse where Ted Shawn company farmed, work and lived together while training and rehearsing. Performances were held there, too
- first black man tap dancing with a white girl on film. and huge age difference
- dealt with Uncle Tom's Cabin. disscused slavery, showed whipping and danced naked, worked with actors of all races, & past personal experience w/ race & childhood
- married 3x, slept with alot of women, daughter named Michelle, drinked & smoked
5 True/False Questions
Ginger Rodger quote on button → Jerome Robbins
What is black face? → facial mask;make up worn by both white and black to illustrate racial sterotypes and perceptions.
Merce Cunningham → invented "Chance Dance" using dice and/or name graphing. worked in along time partnership with John Cage ( a musician )
ausdruckstanz → Dance of Expression
Bill T. Jones famous work → Uncle Tom's Cabin, The Promise Land