5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What is black face?
- what does he want his students to learn
- Jacob's Pillow
- Merce Cunningham
- Isadora Ducun
- a farmhouse where Ted Shawn company farmed, work and lived together while training and rehearsing. Performances were held there, too
- b he want his students to understand his feelings, and than they with be able to understand him and his dance
- c barefoot, free movement-walking,skipping, running; bi sexual
- d facial mask;make up worn by both white and black to illustrate racial sterotypes and perceptions.
- e invented "Chance Dance" using dice and/or name graphing. worked in along time partnership with John Cage ( a musician )
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a theater piece about a hunchback who makes a pact with the devil. premiered in 1866 in the US. and incorporated dance soloists from Europe. many American woman joined the chorus, and the show traveled around the country for several years. ]
- from her hanging scarf that got caught to the car wheel and strangled her
- the US dancers did not have any training on the from of ballet, and most of the dancers were woman who were trying to survived by any means.
- a provactive artist;potically controversial
- he like making the classroom feel like home
5 True/False Questions
Martha Graham → an audition that brings together hundreds of dancers vying for limited parts
who is Fosse mentor → a broadway performer and Fosse's ex wife.
fosse's famous works → Uncle Tom's Cabin, The Promise Land
Ben Vereen → Costarred with Ann Reinking in Fosse, a Broadway revue featuring a collection of Fosse's best choreography, and was an expert on Fosse's work/style
Arlene Croce → an audition that brings together hundreds of dancers vying for limited parts