← Cell Molec Exam Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What are the functions of the cytoskeleton?
- Which of the following is NOT imported to the ER
- Cargo Receptors
- In an interphase cell, the microtubules grow out from the_____
- a Integral membrane proteins that bind cargo and thus aid in vesicle cargo selection
- b Proteins that are found on the vesicle surface and are involved in vesicle docking at a target membrane
- c Movement of cells along a surface; organization of the cell contents; support of the large volume of cytoplasm; movement of organelles within the cell.
- d Proteins destined for the mitochondria
- e Centrosomes
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- allows the behavior of microtubles called dynamic instability
- Sorting signals are very rarely removed after the protein arrives at its final destination.
- Signal Peptidase
- The mutant G-protein would be constitutively active
- Transport from the Golgi to the plasma membrane
5 True/False Questions
Sometimes a signaling pathway is only activated when two separate signals are received this can happen if: → The alpha subunit exchanges its bound GDP for GTP
What is true about motor proteins? → Microtubules are built from subunits of tubulin; microtubules have polarity with a plus end and a minus end; microtubules exhibit dynamic instability; growing microtubules have a GTP cap.
Transport of proteins into the mitochondrial matrix occurs at? → Contact sites
Binding of an extracellular signal by a ion-channel-linked receptor results in? → undergo dimerization and transphosphoylation
What is the second step of the signaling pathway? → A message is passed from one intracellular signaling molecule to the next.