5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- surface wave
- standing wave
- a material through which a wave travels
- b a wave that appears to stay in one place--it does not seem to move through the medium
- c an area where the particles in a medium are spaced close together
- d a wave that travels along the surface seperating two media
- e a point on a standing wave that has no displacement from the rest position
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- highest point of the wave above the rest position
- occurs when a wave bounces off a surface that it cannot pass through.
- a technique for determining the distance to an object under water
- a point where a crest or trough occurs midway between two nodes
- a wave in which the vibration of the medium is parallel to the direction the wave travels.
5 True/False Questions
loudness → is a physical response to the intensity of sound, modified by physical factors
Transverse Wave → a wave that causes the medium to vibrate at right angles to the direction in which the wave travels.
trough → a point on a standing wave that has no displacement from the rest position
intensity → a point where a crest or trough occurs midway between two nodes
amplitude → the maximum displacement of the medium from its rest position