5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Search Engine
- Text Editor
- Surge Protector
- a 1000 (or 1024) kilobytes of measurement, and precedes "gigabyte"
- b An online "device" that uses keyboards and "Boolean Operators" (eg. and, or, not) to locate information on the Internet
- c The storage capacity of a computer that determines how much information can be maintained for instant retrieval and processing
- d Any word processing program that you can use to type and edit text
- e Sometimes called power strips, this piece of hardware prevent surges in electrical current by sending the excess current to the grounding wire
5 Multiple choice questions
- Small programs or scripts that can negatively affect the health of your computer
- To move data FROM the "clipboard" to another location
- "Personal Computer"
- A modifier key on the keyboard whose primary purpose is to capitalize lowercase letters
- An input device that takes a picture of documents such as photographs and pages of text, and converts it into a digital format
5 True/False questions
Monitor → A term used synonymously with "computer screen" or "display"
Scrolling → Moving through a window using either the vertical or horizontal "bars" in the window, or the rolling button on a mouse
Program → Executable software that runs on a computer
Keystroke → To move data FROM the "clipboard" to another location
Output → Data generated by a computer