5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Surge Protector
- Text Editor
- Windows 7
- a The latest version of Microsoft's Windows operating system, one of the latest OS introduced by Microsoft since late 2009.
- b A term used synonymously with "computer screen" or "display"
- c Any word processing program that you can use to type and edit text
- d Sometimes called power strips, this piece of hardware prevent surges in electrical current by sending the excess current to the grounding wire
- e Originating from the name of Hormel's canned meat, this term usually refers to junk e-mail or irrelevant postings to a newsgroup or bulletin board
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- One of the Internet's leading search engines that is also the largest Web portal
- To move data FROM the "clipboard" to another location
- Data generated by a computer
- An input device that takes a picture of documents such as photographs and pages of text, and converts it into a digital format
- Typing one, single, character on a keyboard
5 True/False Questions
Password → A string of characters used for authenticating a user on a computer system, or protecting the integrity of a file
USB → "World Wide Web" ~ this is a "subset" of the Internet, but is NOT a synonym of "Internet"
McIntosh → The name of the computers that are made by Apple Computer
Wireless → A feature that enables users to access the Internet using either Wi-Fi or Bluetooth technologies
Megabyte → 1000 (or 1024) kilobytes of measurement, and precedes "gigabyte"