6 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the right not to be held in prison without first being charged with a specific crime
- a general and progressive increase in prices
- a military attack causing the opponent to surrender
- the body of law imposed by the military over civilian affairs (usually in time of war or civil crisis)
- an American general and the eighteenth President of the United States (1869-1877). He achieved international fame as the leading Union general in the American Civil War.
5 True/False Questions
draft → manditory military service
Casualty → a person killed or injured in a war or accident
William Tecumseh Sherman → Union general who used drastic methods like total war to fight against the South.
Border State → a slave state that remained in the Union during the Civil War (Maryland, Delaware, Missouri, Kentucky, and West Virginia)
Emancipate → warship covered with protective iron plates