6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- the right not to be held in prison without first being charged with a specific crime
- union general, 1st commander, overly cautious, fired by Lincoln
- a general and progressive increase in prices
- an American general and the eighteenth President of the United States (1869-1877). He achieved international fame as the leading Union general in the American Civil War.
- a person killed or injured in a war or accident
5 True/False questions
income tax → Tax paid to the state, federal, and local governments based on income earned over the past year.
Emancipate → (v.) to free from slavery; to release or liberate
Martial Law → all-out attacks aimed at destroying an ememy's army, its resources, and its people's will to fight
Blockade → warship covered with protective iron plates
total war → the body of law imposed by the military over civilian affairs (usually in time of war or civil crisis)