6 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- warship covered with protective iron plates
- one who does not side with any party in a war or dispute
- (v.) to free from slavery; to release or liberate
- the right not to be held in prison without first being charged with a specific crime
- a war measure that isolates some area of importance to the enemy
5 True/False Questions
income tax → Tax paid to the state, federal, and local governments based on income earned over the past year.
Border State → a slave state that remained in the Union during the Civil War (Maryland, Delaware, Missouri, Kentucky, and West Virginia)
Ulysses S. Grant → an American general and the eighteenth President of the United States (1869-1877). He achieved international fame as the leading Union general in the American Civil War.
inflation → a general and progressive increase in prices
siege → manditory military service