5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- An atom of potassium has 19 protons and 21 neutrons. What is its mass number?
- Which part of an atom has a mass approximately equal to 1/2000 of the mass of a common hydrogen atom?
- the composition of the two oxides of lead, PbO and PbO2, are explained by the
- The average atomic mass of an element depends on both the masses of its isotopes and each isotope's
- In a cathode tube, electrical current passes from on electrode, the ____, to the opositely charged electrode
- a cathode
- b law of multiple proportions.
- c nucleus
- d relative abundance
- e 40
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- remains the same
- number of protons
5 True/False Questions
Most of the volume of an ato is occupied by the → total number of protons and neutrons
What did Rutherford conclude about the structure of the atom → An atom contains a small, dense, positively charged central region
An alumin isotope consists of 13 protons, 13 electrons, and 14 neutrons. Its mass number is → 40
According to Dalton's atomic theory, atoms → of each element are identical in size, mass, and other properties
Which of the following is NOT part of Dalton's Theory? In cheimcal reactions, aroms are combined, seperated, or rearranged.
All matter is composed of extremely small particles called attoms
Atoms cannot be divided, created or destroyed
The number of protons in an atom is its atomic number → The number of protons in an atom is its atomic number