5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Anthony Eden
- Hungarian Revolution
- a 1956. Led by students and workers, installed Liberal Communist Imre Nagy. Forced soviet soldiers to leave and promised free election, renounced Hungary's military alliance with Moscow. Revolution was crushed by the Soviet Union
- b European Atomic Energy Community estab. by the treaty of Rome to regulate and research nuclear energy merged with the EEC
- c The economic association organized by the communist states
- d Opposed Chamberlain's policy of appeasement towards Hitler. Became Prime Minister isn 1955, resigned in 1957.
- e A newfound opennessof government and media
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- International relations involving the deliberate creation of a risk of was to apply preasure on the other party
- March 1946 Winston Churchill at Fulton College Missouri; said an "iron curtain" had fallen across the Continent
- Minister of the economy, bet on the free economy while maintaining the extensive social welfare network inherited from the Hitler era.
- liberal communist reformer installed as Chief by the people of Budapest
- Economic restructuring by Gorbachev
5 True/False Questions
NATO → European Atomic Energy Community estab. by the treaty of Rome to regulate and research nuclear energy merged with the EEC
Containment → Attempt to contain communism in areas already occupied by the Red Army as indicated in the Truman Doctrine.
de-Stalinization → Soviet Union started a period of stagnation. Saw de-Stalinization as a dangerous threat.
Council of Europe → Six nations of Coal and Steal Community signed to create EEC
Brezhnev Doctrine → Soviet Union and its allies had the right to intervene in any socialist country whenever they saw the need.