5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Roman entertainment tended to be what?
- Important characteristic of sanskrit drama:
- Roman theater's was most likely what?
- Who played all the roles in greek theatre?
- How tall are the bunraku puppets?
- a set/scenery
- b grandiose, sentimental, and diversionary
- c enlarged
- d 3 feet tall
- e men or young boys
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- they associated it with pagan gods
licentiousness-unprincipled in sexual matters
ridiculed the church (mimes)
- vocal dexterity
- 15 men
5 True/False Questions
Major influences on Roman theatre: → religion and philosophy
What was at the center of the stage of the theater of dionysus? → An altar to dionysus, used in the action
Bunraku theatre: → 270-201 b.c.e.
excelled at comedies, but wrote both
Greek comedies were _______ ;and featured what people of the time? → singing ability
Rome was founded when? → the greek gods