5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Backs and Receivers
- Wide Recievers
- a This is the player who gets the ball from the center and starts the play. He can either throw the ball to a reciever, hand it to a running back, or try to run with it himself.
- b The six people that line up behind the offensive line. (Quarter-Back, Running Back(s), Wide Reciever(s), and Tight End(s))
- c These players are pass-catching specialists. Their main job is to run pass routes and get open for a pass, although they are occasionally called on to block. They line up behind the line of scrimmage, wide of the offensive line.
- d Point after touchdown. After a team scores a touchdown, they have a try to kick a field goal (one of the kickers jobs) for one point
- e The portion of the field where a touchdown is scored. It is the ultimate goal for the offense to bring the ball into this portion of the field.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- These people are considered hybrid players, something between a wide receiver and an offensive lineman. They are frequently called on to block, especially on running plays. However, because they are eligible receivers, they may also catch passes. They line up next to the offensive line.
- The set of eleven players that have possesion of the ball at a current time, usually trying to score.
- Typically two players who primarily cover the wide receivers.
- These people play behind the defensive line and perform various duties depending on the situation, including rushing the passer, covering receivers, and defending against the run.
- These players are responsible for covering the tight end or running back on pass plays. They can also rush the passer. Are on the outside of the defensive line.
5 True/False Questions
Defensive Line → This group of people line up directly on the line of scrimmage, close to the ball. They are the section of the defense that tries to get by the offensive line, and rush the passer. (Defensive Tackle(s), Defensive End(s))
First Down → When the offense brings the ball further than a certain point after four or less tries. Once this has been done, the offense has four more tries to do this again to advance toward the endzone.
Punt → Point after touchdown. After a team scores a touchdown, they have a try to kick a field goal (one of the kickers jobs) for one point
Safetys → These players usually help the corners with deep-pass coverage of wide recievers.
Line of Scrimmage → Where the ball begins each play. It is the offensive goal to bring the ball further than the line of scrimmage each play, and the defensive goal to stop the offense from doing so.