5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Wide Recievers
- Running Backs
- a These players are pass-catching specialists. Their main job is to run pass routes and get open for a pass, although they are occasionally called on to block. They line up behind the line of scrimmage, wide of the offensive line.
What it is called when the Quarterback is tackled behind the line of scrimmage.
- c These people play behind the defensive line and perform various duties depending on the situation, including rushing the passer, covering receivers, and defending against the run.
- d There can be up to three of these players on the field at once. They grab the ball from the quarterback and run it as far as they can.
- e Typically two players who primarily cover the wide receivers.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Same thing as a kick return, but from a punt.
- After the PAT, the kicker kicks the ball to the other team so they have a chance to score.
- These people are considered hybrid players, something between a wide receiver and an offensive lineman. They are frequently called on to block, especially on running plays. However, because they are eligible receivers, they may also catch passes. They line up next to the offensive line.
- Where the ball begins each play. It is the offensive goal to bring the ball further than the line of scrimmage each play, and the defensive goal to stop the offense from doing so.
- The six people that line up behind the offensive line. (Quarter-Back, Running Back(s), Wide Reciever(s), and Tight End(s))
5 True/False questions
Quarter-Back → Typically two players who primarily cover the wide receivers.
Rushing The Passer → There can be up to three of these players on the field at once. They grab the ball from the quarterback and run it as far as they can.
Endzone → The portion of the field where a touchdown is scored. It is the ultimate goal for the offense to bring the ball into this portion of the field.
Kick Return → When the ball is kicked to the other team after a PAT, the recieving team tries to run the ball as far as they can upfield.
Offensive Line → These people are responsible for blocking, to try to protect the Backs. (Guard(s), Tackle(s), Center)