6 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- a Spanish conqueror of the Americas
- The italian sailor who corrected Columbus's mistake, acknowledging the coasts of america as a new world. America is named after him
- an economic policy under which nations sought to increase their wealth and power by obtaining large amounts of gold and silver and by selling more goods than they bought
- Portuguese navigator sailed for spain. While tying to find a western route to Asia, he was killed in the Philippines. One of his ships returned to Spain, thereby completing the first circumnavigation of the globe.
- Venetian traveler who sponsored himself and explored Asia in the 13th century and served Kublai Khan
- Italian navigator who discovered the New World and thought it was Asia in the service of Spain while looking for a route to China
6 True/False Questions
Vasco Nunez de Balboa → Portuguese explorer. In he led the first naval expedition from Europe to sail to India, opening an important commercial sea route.
Francis Drake → the difference in value between what a nation imports and exports over time
Bartholomew Dias → an early Portuguese explorer who traveled down the coast of Africa in search of a water route to Asia. He managed to round the southern tip of Africa in 1488, now the Cape of Good Hope.
Balance of trade → English explorer and admiral who was the 2nd Englishman to circumnavigate the globe and who helped to defeat the Spanish Armada.
Vasco da Gama → Portuguese explorer. In he led the first naval expedition from Europe to sail to India, opening an important commercial sea route.
God, Glory and Gold → Motives for European exploration