5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How is ATP made?
- Define electron.
- Describe an oxygen atom.
- List some differences between carotene and chlorophyll
- Describe a magnesium atom.
- a subatomic particles with a negative charge
- b 8 protons , 8 neutrons , 8 electrons
- c Carotene absorbs all colors excepts yellow, orange, or red . Chlorphyll absorbs blue and red light
- d 12 protons , 12 neutrons , 12electrons
- e ADP , 7.3 kcal/mole , PO3(phosphate)
5 Multiple choice questions
- electrons drive the movement of protons (H+) acroos ATP synthase of a membrane. The enery derived from the movement of protons is enough to combine ADP and phosphate (PO3) to form ATP
- ground is electrons in its original shell of orbit and excited is when the electrons left the orbit because they absorbed the energy from light
- the destination of electrons from photosynthesis 2 to photosynthesis 1. the final destination from photosynthesis is NADPH
- heterotrops can not make their our food but autotroph can
- NADP (oxidized) is not carrying 2 electrons or the hydrogen ion and NADPH (reduced) is carrying them
5 True/False questions
List 3 differences between noncyclic and cyclic photophosphorylation → noncyclic is independent , it produces NADPH and oxygen. cyclic produces only ATP and is dependent
What are the differences between the light-independent and light-dependent reactions of photosynthesis? → Hydrogen ion is a single proton and Hydrogen atom is an electron and proton
Write the summary equation for photosynthesis. → 6CO2 + 6H2O + light -----> C6H12O6 + 6O2
Explain the Hill Reaction (Photolysis) → plants use energy that NADPH and ATP contain to build high-energy compounds that can stored up to a long period of time.
What is the function of ATP synthase? → it makes ATP