5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is the destination of the electrons in Photosystem II and Photosystem I?
- What is the difference between ground and excited states of an electron?
- magnesium ion loses electrons
- What are the differences between the light-independent and light-dependent reactions of photosynthesis?
- List some differences between carotene and chlorophyll
- a What is the difference between Magnesium ion and the magnesium atom?
- b Carotene absorbs all colors excepts yellow, orange, or red . Chlorphyll absorbs blue and red light
- c ground is electrons in its original shell of orbit and excited is when the electrons left the orbit because they absorbed the energy from light
- d Light dependent reactions produce ATP and NADPH from energy captured from light.
Light independent reactions fix carbon dioxide into glucose using the ATP and NADPH
- e the destination of electrons from photosynthesis 2 to photosynthesis 1. the final destination from photosynthesis is NADPH
5 Multiple choice questions
- subatomic particles with a negative charge
- 6CO2 + 6H2O + light -----> C6H12O6 + 6O2
- heterotrops can not make their our food but autotroph can
- it makes ATP
5 True/False questions
What is the difference between a hydrogen ion and a hydrogen atom? → NADP (oxidized) is not carrying 2 electrons or the hydrogen ion and NADPH (reduced) is carrying them
Explain what happens in the Calvin Cycle. → water is split into two H+ 2 electrons and 1 oxygen atom
List some examples of autotrophs and heterotrophs → Autotrophs: plants , algae , and blue green algae
Heterotrophs: lions , tigers , and bears
Describe chemiosmosis. → Adenine , ribose and 3 phosphate
Describe substrate-level phosphorylation. → an intermediate or substrate transfers its phosphate and 7.3 kcal/mole to ADP to form ATP