5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What is the difference between a hydrogen ion and a hydrogen atom?
- Describe an oxygen atom.
- What is the difference between ground and excited states of an electron?
- How is ATP made?
- Describe ATP.
- a ADP , 7.3 kcal/mole , PO3(phosphate)
- b 8 protons , 8 neutrons , 8 electrons
- c ground is electrons in its original shell of orbit and excited is when the electrons left the orbit because they absorbed the energy from light
- d Adenine , ribose and 3 phosphate
- e Hydrogen ion is a single proton and Hydrogen atom is an electron and proton
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- noncyclic is independent , it produces NADPH and oxygen. cyclic produces only ATP and is dependent
- the destination of electrons from photosynthesis 2 to photosynthesis 1. the final destination from photosynthesis is NADPH
- water is split into two H+ 2 electrons and 1 oxygen atom
- 6CO2 + 6H2O + light -----> C6H12O6 + 6O2
- 12 protons , 12 neutrons , 12electrons
5 True/False Questions
Define photosynthesis. → light absorbing molecules
What is the difference between NADPH and NADP? → NADP (oxidized) is not carrying 2 electrons or the hydrogen ion and NADPH (reduced) is carrying them
List some differences between carotene and chlorophyll → NADP (oxidized) is not carrying 2 electrons or the hydrogen ion and NADPH (reduced) is carrying them
What are the replacement energy for PSII and PSI? → NADP (oxidized) is not carrying 2 electrons or the hydrogen ion and NADPH (reduced) is carrying them
Define pigment. → subatomic particles with a negative charge