5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Describe substrate-level phosphorylation.
- Define photosynthesis.
- Explain what happens in the Calvin Cycle.
- Define visible spectrum.
- Describe a magnesium atom.
- a 12 protons , 12 neutrons , 12electrons
- b an intermediate or substrate transfers its phosphate and 7.3 kcal/mole to ADP to form ATP
- c the distribution of colors produced when light is dispersed by a prism
- d plants use energy that NADPH and ATP contain to build high-energy compounds that can stored up to a long period of time.
- e the process that converts the energy from light , carbon dioxide and water to high energy carbohydrates and oxygen
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- NADP (oxidized) is not carrying 2 electrons or the hydrogen ion and NADPH (reduced) is carrying them
- Hydrogen ion is a single proton and Hydrogen atom is an electron and proton
- Carotene absorbs all colors excepts yellow, orange, or red . Chlorphyll absorbs blue and red light
- What is the ultimate source of energy?
- 8 protons , 8 neutrons , 8 electrons
5 True/False Questions
What is the relationship between the color you see and light? → visible spectrum
What is the difference between ground and excited states of an electron? → ground is electrons in its original shell of orbit and excited is when the electrons left the orbit because they absorbed the energy from light
Define pigment. → light absorbing molecules
Define electron. → subatomic particles with a negative charge
What is the function of ATP synthase? → it makes ATP