5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- List some examples of autotrophs and heterotrophs
- Define pigment.
- Write the summary equation for photosynthesis.
- Define visible spectrum.
- Describe a magnesium atom.
- a 12 protons , 12 neutrons , 12electrons
- b 6CO2 + 6H2O + light -----> C6H12O6 + 6O2
- c light absorbing molecules
- d Autotrophs: plants , algae , and blue green algae
Heterotrophs: lions , tigers , and bears
- e the distribution of colors produced when light is dispersed by a prism
5 Multiple choice questions
- Adenine , ribose and 3 phosphate
- an intermediate or substrate transfers its phosphate and 7.3 kcal/mole to ADP to form ATP
- it makes ATP
- NADP (oxidized) is not carrying 2 electrons or the hydrogen ion and NADPH (reduced) is carrying them
- plants use energy that NADPH and ATP contain to build high-energy compounds that can stored up to a long period of time.
5 True/False questions
Define photosynthesis. → light absorbing molecules
List some differences between carotene and chlorophyll → NADP (oxidized) is not carrying 2 electrons or the hydrogen ion and NADPH (reduced) is carrying them
What is the destination of the electrons in Photosystem II and Photosystem I? → visible spectrum
How is ATP made? → Adenine , ribose and 3 phosphate
What is the difference between a hydrogen ion and a hydrogen atom? → Hydrogen ion is a single proton and Hydrogen atom is an electron and proton