5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- God sent Samuel to ___________ to find Saul's successor.
- a Prophet, one of David's chief advisors.
- b River where Mary and Jesus were baptized. Ark was carried across by Levites here.
- c Hill on which the oldest part of Jerusalem was built. Poetic name for the city of Jerusalem.
- d The house of Jesse in Bethlehem
- e First king of Israel, anointed by Samuel. Later rejected by God.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Made king by Abner. Civil war w/ David. Killed by his own men.
- A Canaanite city conquered by David that became the capital and religious center of Israel.
- Greek for "thank offering".
- Mother of reigning king. Under David and his successors, she was a very influencial figure in the kingdom.
- Southern 2 tribes of the two dividied kingdoms of the once united Israel.
5 True/False questions
Apostasy → Turning away from the true religion.
Davidic Covenant → Youngest son of Jesse put into service of Saul: Harpist, Armor bearer, General.
Judges → Temporary leaders appointed by God to lead the people of Israel when enemies oppressed them.
Rehoboam → Solomon's son and heir. His pride caused all but two (Judah) of the 12 tibes to rebel against him.
Samuel → Levite priest, last of the Judges, man chosen by God to anoint a kind for Israel.