5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- God sent Samuel to ___________ to find Saul's successor.
- ________ succeeded Moses as leader of Israel.
- First target of Israelites in Canaan
- a A Canaanite city conquered by David that became the capital and religious center of Israel.
- b Hebrew for "Anointed One"
- c Jericho
- d The house of Jesse in Bethlehem
- e Joshua
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Canaanite woman of Jericho who helped Israelite spies escape. Married an Israelite. Ancestor of Jesus.
- Hill on which the oldest part of Jerusalem was built. Poetic name for the city of Jerusalem.
- Turning away from the true religion.
- Queen of wealthy country in the south. Came to Jerusalem to test Solomon's wisdom.
- 1. Queen Mother--Mary
2. Prime Minister--Peter
3. Thank offering (Todah)--Eucharist
5 True/False Questions
David → Youngest son of Jesse put into service of Saul: Harpist, Armor bearer, General.
Eucharist → Temporary leaders appointed by God to lead the people of Israel when enemies oppressed them.
Jericho → First major city to be captured by Israelites in Canaan.
Jordan → Southern 2 tribes of the two dividied kingdoms of the once united Israel.
Nathan → Prophet, one of David's chief advisors.