7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- Additional illness that either has an effect on the patient's primary illness or is also treated during the encounter.
- In ICD-9_CM, a four-digit code number .
- The World in bold- face type that identifies a diseases or condition in the alphabetic index in ICD-9-CM.
- Typographic techniques or standard practices that provide visual guidelines for understanding printed material.
- Directions in printed material that tell a reader where to look for additional information.
- An alphanumeric code in the ICD-9-CMthat identifies factors that influence health status and encounters that are not due to illness or injury
6 True/False questions
DX → Abbreviation for diagnosis.
Sub term → A word or phrase that describes a main term in the alphabetic Index of ICD-9-CM.
Tabular List → The section of the ICD-9-CM in which diagnosis codes are presented in numerical order.
Alphabetic Index → The section of the ICD-9 CM in which diseases and injuries with corresponding diagnosis codes are presented in alphabetic order.
Primary Diagnosis → A diagnosis that represents the patient's major illness or condition for an encounter
International Classification of Diseases , Ninth Revision, Clinical Classification (ICD-9-CM) → A publication containing the HIPAA- mandated Standardized classification system for diseases and injuries; developed by the World Health Organization and modified for use in the United States.