7 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- An alphanumeric code in the ICD-9-CMthat identifies factors that influence health status and encounters that are not due to illness or injury
- Abbreviation for diagnosis.
- The section of the ICD-9-CM in which diagnosis codes are presented in numerical order.
- A word or phrase that describes a main term in the alphabetic Index of ICD-9-CM.
- The cause or origin of a disease.
- A patients description of the symptoms or other reasons for seeking medical care for a provider encounter.
6 True/False Questions
International Classification of Diseases , Ninth Revision, Clinical Classification (ICD-9-CM) → A publication containing the HIPAA- mandated Standardized classification system for diseases and injuries; developed by the World Health Organization and modified for use in the United States.
Alphabetic Index → An alphanumeric ICD code for an external cause of injury or poising.
Diagnosis Code → The number assigned to a diagnoses in the International Classification of Diseases.
Main -Term → The World in bold- face type that identifies a diseases or condition in the alphabetic index in ICD-9-CM.
Supplementary Term → A nonessential word or phrase that to define a code in the ICD-9-CM; usually enclosed in parentheses or brackets.
E Code → An alphanumeric code in the ICD-9-CMthat identifies factors that influence health status and encounters that are not due to illness or injury