7 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- A diagnosis that represents the patient's major illness or condition for an encounter
- An alphanumeric ICD code for an external cause of injury or poising.
- A nonessential word or phrase that to define a code in the ICD-9-CM; usually enclosed in parentheses or brackets.
- In ICD-9_CM, a four-digit code number .
- The cause or origin of a disease.
- In ICD-9-CM , a five-digit code number.
6 True/False Questions
International Classification of Diseases , Ninth Revision, Clinical Classification (ICD-9-CM) → A publication containing the HIPAA- mandated Standardized classification system for diseases and injuries; developed by the World Health Organization and modified for use in the United States.
V Code → An alphanumeric code in the ICD-9-CMthat identifies factors that influence health status and encounters that are not due to illness or injury
Chief Complaint (CC) → An alphanumeric ICD code for an external cause of injury or poising.
DX → An alphanumeric ICD code for an external cause of injury or poising.
Conventions → In the ICD-9 -CM a three- digit code used to classify a particular diaereses or injuries.
Main -Term → A word or phrase that describes a main term in the alphabetic Index of ICD-9-CM.