7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- The number assigned to a diagnoses in the International Classification of Diseases.
- The section of the ICD-9-CM in which diagnosis codes are presented in numerical order.
- The World in bold- face type that identifies a diseases or condition in the alphabetic index in ICD-9-CM.
- A patients description of the symptoms or other reasons for seeking medical care for a provider encounter.
- A publication containing the HIPAA- mandated Standardized classification system for diseases and injuries; developed by the World Health Organization and modified for use in the United States.
- In ICD-9_CM, a four-digit code number .
6 True/False questions
Conventions → Typographic techniques or standard practices that provide visual guidelines for understanding printed material.
Category → In the ICD-9 -CM a three- digit code used to classify a particular diaereses or injuries.
Sub-classification → In ICD-9_CM, a four-digit code number .
Coexisting Condition → Typographic techniques or standard practices that provide visual guidelines for understanding printed material.
V Code → An alphanumeric ICD code for an external cause of injury or poising.
DX → Abbreviation for diagnosis.