7 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- Typographic techniques or standard practices that provide visual guidelines for understanding printed material.
- In the ICD-9 -CM a three- digit code used to classify a particular diaereses or injuries.
- The section of the ICD-9 CM in which diseases and injuries with corresponding diagnosis codes are presented in alphabetic order.
- The number assigned to a diagnoses in the International Classification of Diseases.
- A patients description of the symptoms or other reasons for seeking medical care for a provider encounter.
- A publication containing the HIPAA- mandated Standardized classification system for diseases and injuries; developed by the World Health Organization and modified for use in the United States.
6 True/False Questions
DX → Abbreviation for diagnosis.
V Code → An alphanumeric code in the ICD-9-CMthat identifies factors that influence health status and encounters that are not due to illness or injury
Supplementary Term → A word or phrase that describes a main term in the alphabetic Index of ICD-9-CM.
Primary Diagnosis → The section of the ICD-9-CM in which diagnosis codes are presented in numerical order.
Etiology → An alphanumeric ICD code for an external cause of injury or poising.
Main -Term → The World in bold- face type that identifies a diseases or condition in the alphabetic index in ICD-9-CM.