5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Pearl River
- Mekong River
- Three Gorges Dam
- Nobel Prize for peace
- a This is a navigable Chinese river that flows in the southern region of China.
- b In 1989, the Dalai Lama was given this prestigious award for his non-violent opposition to Chinese rule and his support for world peace.
- c This major river that runs from southern China through Laos, Cambodia, and Vietnam.
- d When was the last emperor of China forced to abdicate?
- e This is the largest hydroelectric dam in the world.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- In 1949 this communist leader proclaimed the new People's Republic of China.
- Began in the Qin dynasty, this 3000 mile wall was completed by Shi Huang Di at great cost of men and materials.
- This is the official dividing line between North and South Korea.
- This North Korean leader has spent most of his country's meager resources on developing nuclear weaponry and missiles.
- What country has the world's second largest economy (after the United States)?
5 True/False Questions
Dalai Lama → Name China's largest offshore islands.
Nanjing → Beijing's twin city, this port is a major industrial center in northeastern China on the Grand Canal near the Yellow Sea.
1950 → When did China conquer Tibet?
Gobi Desert → This dry, rocky, forboding place is the coldest, northernmost desert in the world.
Mandarin → This is the dialect of Chinese spoken in Beijing and adopted as the official language for all of China.