5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Word Stress
- Structured Immersion
- Silent Way
- Performance Based Approach
- a Teacher remains mostly silent and students are encouraged to discover rules and solve problems on their own. Learning through discovery.
- b measures progress in terms of what real world tasks students are able to accomplish. Includes portfolios, checklists, reading logs.
- c Teachers are bilingual and have an ESL endorsement and use the students' native language to clarify English instructions
- d The relative emphasis given to certain syllables in a word.
- e Total Physical Response invented by James Asher. The learner responds to language input with body motions
5 Multiple choice questions
- Wide reading is how most new words are acquired. Instruction embedded in the reading process. Taking advantage of discovery learning.
- 50/50 both content and literacy in both languages. (Horace Mann in Wichita)
- An approach in which the target language is used exclusively to provide all instruction
- LEP students are 'pulled out' of regular, mainstream classrooms for special instruction in ESL.
- Ensured that English was taught to all in order to provide equal access to educational opportunities
5 True/False questions
Fricatives → Words with similar roots in L1 and L2. Should be pointed out to students
Superlative Adjectives → Comparing 2 things. Uses the ending of 'er (bigger, faster, taller)
False Cognates → Words with similar roots in L1 and L2. Should be pointed out to students
Past Participle → Ensured that English was taught to all in order to provide equal access to educational opportunities
Natural Approach → Focuses on teaching communicative skills. Low anxiety. Focus is on meaning rather than form.