5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Implicit Instruction
- Past Participle
- Strategy Based Instruction
- Word Stress
- a The relative emphasis given to certain syllables in a word.
- b Verb ending in 'ed' (cleaned, scared)
- c a sound that makes a difference in language
- d Includes test taking techniques and study skills
- e Wide reading is how most new words are acquired. Instruction embedded in the reading process. Taking advantage of discovery learning.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- to vocabulary is critical for learning
- Compare more than 2 things ...end in est.(fastest, closest)
- Indicates completed action in the future (Will have taken)
- The study of psychological states and mental activity associated with the use of language
- LEP students are 'pulled out' of regular, mainstream classrooms for special instruction in ESL.
5 True/False Questions
False Cognates → words that sound similar, but have no meaning in common
Natural Approach → 50/50 both content and literacy in both languages. (Horace Mann in Wichita)
Silent Way → Teacher remains mostly silent and students are encouraged to discover rules and solve problems on their own. Learning through discovery.
ESL Immersion Program → An approach in which the target language is used exclusively to provide all instruction
Doe vs. Plyer → Ensured that English was taught to all in order to provide equal access to educational opportunities