← ESL Praxis- Set 2 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Dual immersion
- Comparative Adjectives
- Natural Approach
- a 50/50 both content and literacy in both languages. (Horace Mann in Wichita)
- b Total Physical Response invented by James Asher. The learner responds to language input with body motions
- c Focuses on teaching communicative skills. Low anxiety. Focus is on meaning rather than form.
- d Air flow is constricted, but not stopped. (fluff, verve, sip, hop, she, sip
- e Comparing 2 things. Uses the ending of 'er (bigger, faster, taller)
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- words that sound similar, but have no meaning in common
- Public schools are prohibited from denying immigrant students access to public education
- Indicates completed action in the future (Will have taken)
- Words with similar roots in L1 and L2. Should be pointed out to students
- An approach in which the target language is used exclusively to provide all instruction
5 True/False Questions
Structured Immersion → 50/50 both content and literacy in both languages. (Horace Mann in Wichita)
ESL Inclusion → ESL teacher comes to the students in the regular classroom.
Word Stress → The relative emphasis given to certain syllables in a word.
Phoneme → Words with similar roots in L1 and L2. Should be pointed out to students
Superlative Adjectives → Compare more than 2 things ...end in est.(fastest, closest)