← ESL Praxis- Set 2 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Doe vs. Plyer
- ESL Immersion Program
- Natural Approach
- Sheltered ESL Class
- Performance Based Approach
- a Using simplified English in a classroom for content based instruction
- b Public schools are prohibited from denying immigrant students access to public education
- c measures progress in terms of what real world tasks students are able to accomplish. Includes portfolios, checklists, reading logs.
- d Focuses on teaching communicative skills. Low anxiety. Focus is on meaning rather than form.
- e An approach in which the target language is used exclusively to provide all instruction
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Words with similar roots in L1 and L2. Should be pointed out to students
- Ensured that English was taught to all in order to provide equal access to educational opportunities
- LEP students are 'pulled out' of regular, mainstream classrooms for special instruction in ESL.
- Comparing 2 things. Uses the ending of 'er (bigger, faster, taller)
- Teacher remains mostly silent and students are encouraged to discover rules and solve problems on their own. Learning through discovery.
5 True/False Questions
Home Language Survey → A federally mandated questionnaire that school administer to newly enrolled students to determin whether a language other than English is spoken in the home
Implicit Instruction → Providing definitions and examples. Pronounce, explain, provide examples, elaborate, and assess. Step by Step - carefully organized systematic instruction
Multiple Exposures → to vocabulary is critical for learning
Fricatives → Words with similar roots in L1 and L2. Should be pointed out to students
Future Perfect Tense → Indicates completed action in the future (Will have taken)