5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Silent Way
- Implicit Instruction
- False Cognates
- Past Participle
- a Verb ending in 'ed' (cleaned, scared)
- b Teacher remains mostly silent and students are encouraged to discover rules and solve problems on their own. Learning through discovery.
- c a sound that makes a difference in language
- d Wide reading is how most new words are acquired. Instruction embedded in the reading process. Taking advantage of discovery learning.
- e words that sound similar, but have no meaning in common
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Compare more than 2 things ...end in est.(fastest, closest)
- Includes test taking techniques and study skills
- to vocabulary is critical for learning
- 50/50 both content and literacy in both languages. (Horace Mann in Wichita)
- The relative emphasis given to certain syllables in a word.
5 True/False Questions
ESL Immersion Program → 50/50 both content and literacy in both languages. (Horace Mann in Wichita)
Lau vs. Nichol → Ensured that English was taught to all in order to provide equal access to educational opportunities
Future Perfect Tense → Indicates completed action in the future (Will have taken)
Fricatives → Words with similar roots in L1 and L2. Should be pointed out to students
Doe vs. Plyer → Ensured that English was taught to all in order to provide equal access to educational opportunities