5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Past Participle
- Performance Based Approach
- Sheltered ESL Class
- Implicit Instruction
- a Using simplified English in a classroom for content based instruction
- b measures progress in terms of what real world tasks students are able to accomplish. Includes portfolios, checklists, reading logs.
- c Wide reading is how most new words are acquired. Instruction embedded in the reading process. Taking advantage of discovery learning.
- d Verb ending in 'ed' (cleaned, scared)
- e Words with similar roots in L1 and L2. Should be pointed out to students
5 Multiple choice questions
- Total Physical Response invented by James Asher. The learner responds to language input with body motions
- Indicates completed action in the future (Will have taken)
- Includes test taking techniques and study skills
- Teachers are bilingual and have an ESL endorsement and use the students' native language to clarify English instructions
- The study of psychological states and mental activity associated with the use of language
5 True/False questions
Phoneme → a sound that makes a difference in language
ESL Inclusion → ESL teacher comes to the students in the regular classroom.
Silent Period → A period of time when ESL students do not speak (2 weeks to 1 Year)
Multiple Exposures → words that sound similar, but have no meaning in common
Doe vs. Plyer → Ensured that English was taught to all in order to provide equal access to educational opportunities