← ESL Praxis- Set 2 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Silent Way
- ESL Pullout
- Silent Period
- Comparative Adjectives
- a A period of time when ESL students do not speak (2 weeks to 1 Year)
- b LEP students are 'pulled out' of regular, mainstream classrooms for special instruction in ESL.
- c Comparing 2 things. Uses the ending of 'er (bigger, faster, taller)
- d Teacher remains mostly silent and students are encouraged to discover rules and solve problems on their own. Learning through discovery.
- e The study of psychological states and mental activity associated with the use of language
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Verb ending in 'ed' (cleaned, scared)
- Teachers are bilingual and have an ESL endorsement and use the students' native language to clarify English instructions
- A federally mandated questionnaire that school administer to newly enrolled students to determin whether a language other than English is spoken in the home
- Compare more than 2 things ...end in est.(fastest, closest)
- Providing definitions and examples. Pronounce, explain, provide examples, elaborate, and assess. Step by Step - carefully organized systematic instruction
5 True/False Questions
TPR → Total Physical Response invented by James Asher. The learner responds to language input with body motions
Word Stress → The relative emphasis given to certain syllables in a word.
ESL Inclusion → 50/50 both content and literacy in both languages. (Horace Mann in Wichita)
ESL Immersion Program → 50/50 both content and literacy in both languages. (Horace Mann in Wichita)
Multiple Exposures → words that sound similar, but have no meaning in common