5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Performance Based Approach
- Future Perfect Tense
- ESL Inclusion
- Superlative Adjectives
- a Compare more than 2 things ...end in est.(fastest, closest)
- b measures progress in terms of what real world tasks students are able to accomplish. Includes portfolios, checklists, reading logs.
- c ESL teacher comes to the students in the regular classroom.
- d Indicates completed action in the future (Will have taken)
- e The study of psychological states and mental activity associated with the use of language
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- words that sound similar, but have no meaning in common
- The relative emphasis given to certain syllables in a word.
- Teachers are bilingual and have an ESL endorsement and use the students' native language to clarify English instructions
- Focuses on teaching communicative skills. Low anxiety. Focus is on meaning rather than form.
- Using simplified English in a classroom for content based instruction
5 True/False Questions
Strategy Based Instruction → Includes test taking techniques and study skills
Phoneme → Words with similar roots in L1 and L2. Should be pointed out to students
Comparative Adjectives → Comparing 2 things. Uses the ending of 'er (bigger, faster, taller)
TPR → Total Physical Response invented by James Asher. The learner responds to language input with body motions
Silent Period → A period of time when ESL students do not speak (2 weeks to 1 Year)