5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Silent Way
- Sheltered ESL Class
- ESL Inclusion
- Performance Based Approach
- a The study of psychological states and mental activity associated with the use of language
- b Teacher remains mostly silent and students are encouraged to discover rules and solve problems on their own. Learning through discovery.
- c ESL teacher comes to the students in the regular classroom.
- d measures progress in terms of what real world tasks students are able to accomplish. Includes portfolios, checklists, reading logs.
- e Using simplified English in a classroom for content based instruction
5 Multiple choice questions
- words that sound similar, but have no meaning in common
- Ensured that English was taught to all in order to provide equal access to educational opportunities
- Words with similar roots in L1 and L2. Should be pointed out to students
- Includes test taking techniques and study skills
- Indicates completed action in the future (Will have taken)
5 True/False questions
Explicit Instruction → Wide reading is how most new words are acquired. Instruction embedded in the reading process. Taking advantage of discovery learning.
Multiple Exposures → words that sound similar, but have no meaning in common
Phoneme → Words with similar roots in L1 and L2. Should be pointed out to students
Word Stress → The relative emphasis given to certain syllables in a word.
Superlative Adjectives → Comparing 2 things. Uses the ending of 'er (bigger, faster, taller)