5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Structured Immersion
- Natural Approach
- Dual immersion
- Home Language Survey
- Superlative Adjectives
- a A federally mandated questionnaire that school administer to newly enrolled students to determin whether a language other than English is spoken in the home
- b 50/50 both content and literacy in both languages. (Horace Mann in Wichita)
- c Compare more than 2 things ...end in est.(fastest, closest)
- d Focuses on teaching communicative skills. Low anxiety. Focus is on meaning rather than form.
- e Teachers are bilingual and have an ESL endorsement and use the students' native language to clarify English instructions
5 Multiple choice questions
- Includes test taking techniques and study skills
- The study of psychological states and mental activity associated with the use of language
- Wide reading is how most new words are acquired. Instruction embedded in the reading process. Taking advantage of discovery learning.
- Total Physical Response invented by James Asher. The learner responds to language input with body motions
- Indicates completed action in the future (Will have taken)
5 True/False questions
ESL Pullout → ESL teacher comes to the students in the regular classroom.
Fricatives → Air flow is constricted, but not stopped. (fluff, verve, sip, hop, she, sip
Doe vs. Plyer → Ensured that English was taught to all in order to provide equal access to educational opportunities
False Cognates → Words with similar roots in L1 and L2. Should be pointed out to students
Multiple Exposures → to vocabulary is critical for learning