5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Silent Period
- Superlative Adjectives
- Comparative Adjectives
- False Cognates
- a A period of time when ESL students do not speak (2 weeks to 1 Year)
- b Compare more than 2 things ...end in est.(fastest, closest)
- c Total Physical Response invented by James Asher. The learner responds to language input with body motions
- d Comparing 2 things. Uses the ending of 'er (bigger, faster, taller)
- e words that sound similar, but have no meaning in common
5 Multiple choice questions
- Public schools are prohibited from denying immigrant students access to public education
- The study of psychological states and mental activity associated with the use of language
- Wide reading is how most new words are acquired. Instruction embedded in the reading process. Taking advantage of discovery learning.
- a sound that makes a difference in language
- The relative emphasis given to certain syllables in a word.
5 True/False questions
Sheltered ESL Class → The relative emphasis given to certain syllables in a word.
ESL Inclusion → 50/50 both content and literacy in both languages. (Horace Mann in Wichita)
Explicit Instruction → Providing definitions and examples. Pronounce, explain, provide examples, elaborate, and assess. Step by Step - carefully organized systematic instruction
Performance Based Approach → measures progress in terms of what real world tasks students are able to accomplish. Includes portfolios, checklists, reading logs.
ESL Pullout → ESL teacher comes to the students in the regular classroom.