← ESL Praxis- Set 2 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- ESL Inclusion
- ESL Immersion Program
- Sheltered ESL Class
- Home Language Survey
- Dual immersion
- a 50/50 both content and literacy in both languages. (Horace Mann in Wichita)
- b An approach in which the target language is used exclusively to provide all instruction
- c Using simplified English in a classroom for content based instruction
- d A federally mandated questionnaire that school administer to newly enrolled students to determin whether a language other than English is spoken in the home
- e ESL teacher comes to the students in the regular classroom.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Teacher remains mostly silent and students are encouraged to discover rules and solve problems on their own. Learning through discovery.
- LEP students are 'pulled out' of regular, mainstream classrooms for special instruction in ESL.
- Total Physical Response invented by James Asher. The learner responds to language input with body motions
- Comparing 2 things. Uses the ending of 'er (bigger, faster, taller)
- The relative emphasis given to certain syllables in a word.
5 True/False Questions
Future Perfect Tense → words that sound similar, but have no meaning in common
Multiple Exposures → to vocabulary is critical for learning
Phoneme → Words with similar roots in L1 and L2. Should be pointed out to students
Lau vs. Nichol → Public schools are prohibited from denying immigrant students access to public education
Fricatives → Words with similar roots in L1 and L2. Should be pointed out to students