5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Francis Marion
- Charles Cornwallis
- Marquis de Lafayett
- a South Carolina militia leader nicknamed the "Swamp Fox" for his hit-and-run attacks on the British during the American Revolution.
- b I came from France to help the Americans win their freedom.
- c commander of the British forces in the American War of Independence
- d a person who says one thing and does another
- e a complaint.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a nonmilitary citizen
- leader of the American Revolution who proposed the resolution calling for independence of the American colonies (1732-1794)
- a person hired to fight for another country than their own
- American general of Rhode Island, helped to turn the tide against Cornwallis and his British army, used geography of land
- Military officer from Germany who trained American soldiers during the American Revolution.
5 True/False questions
Thomas Paine → American Revolutionary leader and pamphleteer (born in England) who supported the American colonist's fight for independence and supported the French Revolution (1737-1809)
continental → being or concerning or limited to a continent especially the continents of North America or Europe
privateer → a complaint.
cavalry → a nonmilitary citizen
Nathan Hale → a soldier of the American Revolution who was hanged as a spy by the British