5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Marquis de Lafayett
- Thomas Paine
- a a nonmilitary citizen
- b I came from France to help the Americans win their freedom.
- c a privately owned warship commissioned to prey on the commercial shipping or warships of an enemy nation
- d American Revolutionary leader and pamphleteer (born in England) who supported the American colonist's fight for independence and supported the French Revolution (1737-1809)
- e a person hired to fight for another country than their own
5 Multiple choice questions
- leader of the American Revolution who proposed the resolution calling for independence of the American colonies (1732-1794)
- the act of forming an alliance or confederation
- Military officer from Germany who trained American soldiers during the American Revolution.
- a person who says one thing and does another
- American general of Rhode Island, helped to turn the tide against Cornwallis and his British army, used geography of land
5 True/False questions
John paul Jones → American naval commander in the American Revolution (1747-1792)
Francis Marion → South Carolina militia leader nicknamed the "Swamp Fox" for his hit-and-run attacks on the British during the American Revolution.
preamble → a preliminary introduction to a statute or constitution (usually explaining its purpose)
Bernardo de Galvez → a Spanish governor who came over to help America and helped raise an army
George Rogers Clark → a member of an irregular armed force that fights a stronger force by sabotage and harassment