← Chem 101 MLT Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Normal Blood pH
- a Consists of more than one phase having visible differing parts.
- b A substance that is characterized by constant composition and that can be chemically broken down into elements.
- c The molar concentration of hydrogen ions in a solution as expressed in the equation.
- d Maintained from 7.35 - 7.45.
- e Written to the right of the reaction arrow.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Chemical reactions take place at the level of the atoms and molecules.
- (Motion) Energy a system possess by virtue of its motion.
- Digestion, Absorption of food, nerve fuction, enzyme action and other biochemical reactions necessary for life depend on the hydrogen ion concentrations in body fluids.
Lime water, Milk of Magnesia, spirit of ammonia or smelling salt.
- The release of energy by an atom resulting from electrons falling back into lower energy levels
- The amount of a specified substance in a unit amount of another substance.
5 True/False Questions
Nomenclature → The rate or speed of a chemical reaction is proportional to the molecular concentration of each of the reacting substances.
Oxidation-Reduction → Loss of electrons
Addition of oxygen
Removal of hydrogen
Factors that Affect Reaction Rate → Structure of the reacting species
Concentration of the reactants
Temperature of the reactants
Presence of a catalyst
Bronsted-Lowery (Base) → (proton acceptor) A compound that accepts a hydrogen ion is a base.
Replacement Reactions → Reactions that liberate energy.