← CCP Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- A person may waive his/her right to a trial by jury for any offense except a ______.
- What time limit does a misdemeanor crime have to be prosecuted.
- How do you determine which court a criminal case will be tried in if two courts have concurrent jurisdiction over the case?
- The court that has original jurisdiction over criminal cases punishable by a fine only or punishable by a fine and a sanction not consisting of confinement or imprisonment and deals with cases outside of a municipalities jurisdiction.
- The person making the arrest or the person having custody of the person arrested shall without unnecessary delay, but not later than __ hours after the person is arrested, take the person before some magistrate.
- a 2 years
- b 48 hours
- c Whichever was filed first.
- d capital felony case
- e justice courts
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Justice of the Peace
- civil standby
- courts of appeals
- placed under restraint or taken into custody
5 True/False Questions
Warrants issued to photograph a child are _______ ______. → Search Warrants
The degree of proof to make an arrest is _______ _______? → Two years
A peace officer who investigates or respond to a family violence call shall give written notice of a victim's __ ___. → legal rights
When a magistrate sits for the purpose of inquiring into a criminal accusation against any person, this is called a(n) ____ _____. → examining court
The court that has appellate jurisdiction in criminal cases of which justice courts and other inferior courts have original jurisdiction. → county courts