← Ch 1 Vocab Test
7 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- The group in an experiment that is lacking (as best as possible) the effects of the IV.
- The study of life.
- The part of the experiment that I (get it...I) control. This is what you are isolating.
- A sequence of DNA that codes for a specific trait. Sometimes 1 gene = 1 trait; also many genes can = 1 trait
- The transmission of traits (via genes) from one generation to the next.
- Things that must remain the same between the experimental group AND the control group.
6 True/False Questions
Genome → All of the genes in an organism, including mitochondrial DNA.
Ecology → The study of life.
Cell → The smallest unit capable of all life functions.
Evolution → A change in the DNA sequence of a gene. This can lead to genetic diversity.
Metabolism → The sum of all chemical reactions in an organism. Consists of anabolism (builds things and consumes energy) and catabolism (breaks things down and releases energy).
Homeostasis → An educated answer to a question based on past experiences and current understandings.