← Ch 1 Vocab Test
7 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- Laws allow scientiest to make predictions. Usually associated with a formula. Ex: Law of gravity allows us to make predictions about the force of gravity.
- Things that must remain the same between the experimental group AND the control group.
- NOT a guess!!! Theories attempt to EXPLAIN observations and experimental results. This leads to more questions that create more hypothesis that can support or reject the theory. Ex: There is no theory of gravity because scientists don't know enough about it to explain it well enough to agree on a theory.
- Process by which organisms make more of their own kind. Can be sexual or asexual.
- A change in the DNA sequence of a gene. This can lead to genetic diversity.
- The group in an experiment that is lacking (as best as possible) the effects of the IV.
6 True/False Questions
Independent Variable → The part of the experiment that I (get it...I) control. This is what you are isolating.
Biology → The study of how organisms interact with their environment.
Gene → A sequence of DNA that codes for a specific trait. Sometimes 1 gene = 1 trait; also many genes can = 1 trait
Genome → All of the genes in an organism, including mitochondrial DNA.
Cell → The smallest unit capable of all life functions.
Ecology → The study of how organisms interact with their environment.