7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- The change in the inherited characteristics of an organism over generations; sometimes quick, sometimes slow...depends on environment.
- The part of the experiment that I (get it...I) control. This is what you are isolating.
- The smallest unit capable of all life functions.
- All of the genes in an organism, including mitochondrial DNA.
- The group in an experiment that is lacking (as best as possible) the effects of the IV.
- These are the results of an experiment; what you are measuring. The data for the experimental group and control group is usually expected to be different.
6 True/False questions
Biology → The study of how organisms interact with their environment.
Constant → The maintenance of stable internal conditions in an organism.
Hypothesis → The maintenance of stable internal conditions in an organism.
Heredity → The study of how organisms interact with their environment.
Gene → A sequence of DNA that codes for a specific trait. Sometimes 1 gene = 1 trait; also many genes can = 1 trait
Experiment → A controlled way of isolating 1 variable (IV) and comparing the result with a control (does not have IV applied)