7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- Things that must remain the same between the experimental group AND the control group.
- A sequence of DNA that codes for a specific trait. Sometimes 1 gene = 1 trait; also many genes can = 1 trait
- The study of life.
- An educated answer to a question based on past experiences and current understandings.
- A controlled way of isolating 1 variable (IV) and comparing the result with a control (does not have IV applied)
- The sum of all chemical reactions in an organism. Consists of anabolism (builds things and consumes energy) and catabolism (breaks things down and releases energy).
6 True/False questions
Scientific Theory → NOT a guess!!! Theories attempt to EXPLAIN observations and experimental results. This leads to more questions that create more hypothesis that can support or reject the theory. Ex: There is no theory of gravity because scientists don't know enough about it to explain it well enough to agree on a theory.
Genome → A sequence of DNA that codes for a specific trait. Sometimes 1 gene = 1 trait; also many genes can = 1 trait
Ecology → The study of life.
Reproduction → Process by which organisms make more of their own kind. Can be sexual or asexual.
Dependent Variable → The part of the experiment that I (get it...I) control. This is what you are isolating.
Homeostasis → An educated answer to a question based on past experiences and current understandings.