7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- NOT a guess!!! Theories attempt to EXPLAIN observations and experimental results. This leads to more questions that create more hypothesis that can support or reject the theory. Ex: There is no theory of gravity because scientists don't know enough about it to explain it well enough to agree on a theory.
- A change in the DNA sequence of a gene. This can lead to genetic diversity.
- The smallest unit capable of all life functions.
- Process by which organisms make more of their own kind. Can be sexual or asexual.
- All of the genes in an organism, including mitochondrial DNA.
- A controlled way of isolating 1 variable (IV) and comparing the result with a control (does not have IV applied)
6 True/False questions
Independent Variable → The part of the experiment that I (get it...I) control. This is what you are isolating.
Biology → The study of life.
Dependent Variable → These are the results of an experiment; what you are measuring. The data for the experimental group and control group is usually expected to be different.
Evolution → The change in the inherited characteristics of an organism over generations; sometimes quick, sometimes slow...depends on environment.
Control Group → The study of how organisms interact with their environment.
Heredity → The transmission of traits (via genes) from one generation to the next.