5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- Third longest divison of geologic time-subdivided into epochs and is characterized by the types of life that existed worldwide
- an era of recent life that began about 65 million years ago and continues today,includes the first appearance of Homo Sapiens about 400,000 years ago.
- The process by which organisms that are suited to a particular environment are better able to survive and reproduce than organisms that are not.
- A group of organisms that can only reproduce with it's own kind.
- Second longest division of geologic time based on major worldwide changes in types of fossils
5 True/False questions
Epoch → Next smaller division of geologic time after the period, is characterized by differences in life forms that may vary regionally.
Pangae → Large ancient land mass that was composed of all the continents
Trilobite → organism with a three-lobed exoskeleton that was abundant in Paleozoic oceans and is considered to be an index fossil
Cyanobacteria → Chlorophyll-containing, photosynthetic bacteria thought to be one of Earth's earliest life-forms
Mesozoic era → an era of recent life that began about 65 million years ago and continues today,includes the first appearance of Homo Sapiens about 400,000 years ago.