5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- A group of organisms that can only reproduce with it's own kind.
- The longest part of earths history, lasting from 4 billion to about 544 million years ago.
- The process by which organisms that are suited to a particular environment are better able to survive and reproduce than organisms that are not.
- Middle era of Earth's history, during which Pangaea broke apart, dinosaurs appeared, and reptiles and gymnosperms were the dominant land life-forms
- era of ancient life, which began about 544 million years ago when organisms developed hard parts and ended with mass extinctions about 245 million years ago
5 True/False questions
Geologic time scales → Middle era of Earth's history, during which Pangaea broke apart, dinosaurs appeared, and reptiles and gymnosperms were the dominant land life-forms
Pangae → Large ancient land mass that was composed of all the continents
Trilobite → Third longest divison of geologic time-subdivided into epochs and is characterized by the types of life that existed worldwide
Organic evolution → Change of organisms over geologic time
Eras → longest subdivision of geologic time scale that is based on the abundance of certain types of fossils and is subdivided into eras, periods, and epochs