5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A group of organisms that can only reproduce with it's own kind.
- Change of organisms over geologic time
- organism with a three-lobed exoskeleton that was abundant in Paleozoic oceans and is considered to be an index fossil
- longest subdivision of geologic time scale that is based on the abundance of certain types of fossils and is subdivided into eras, periods, and epochs
- The longest part of earths history, lasting from 4 billion to about 544 million years ago.
5 True/False Questions
Eras → Second longest division of geologic time based on major worldwide changes in types of fossils
Geologic time scales → an era of recent life that began about 65 million years ago and continues today,includes the first appearance of Homo Sapiens about 400,000 years ago.
Mesozoic era → Middle era of Earth's history, during which Pangaea broke apart, dinosaurs appeared, and reptiles and gymnosperms were the dominant land life-forms
Epoch → longest subdivision of geologic time scale that is based on the abundance of certain types of fossils and is subdivided into eras, periods, and epochs
Natural selection → The process by which organisms that are suited to a particular environment are better able to survive and reproduce than organisms that are not.