5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- an era of recent life that began about 65 million years ago and continues today,includes the first appearance of Homo Sapiens about 400,000 years ago.
- Third longest divison of geologic time-subdivided into epochs and is characterized by the types of life that existed worldwide
- Middle era of Earth's history, during which Pangaea broke apart, dinosaurs appeared, and reptiles and gymnosperms were the dominant land life-forms
- The longest part of earths history, lasting from 4 billion to about 544 million years ago.
- longest subdivision of geologic time scale that is based on the abundance of certain types of fossils and is subdivided into eras, periods, and epochs
5 True/False Questions
Eras → Second longest division of geologic time based on major worldwide changes in types of fossils
Pangae → Large ancient land mass that was composed of all the continents
Organic evolution → The process by which organisms that are suited to a particular environment are better able to survive and reproduce than organisms that are not.
Geologic time scales → This division of Earth's history into time units based on life forms that lived only during certain periods.
Epoch → Next smaller division of geologic time after the period, is characterized by differences in life forms that may vary regionally.