5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- In the Boxer Rebellion...
- Emilio Aguinaldo
- Who led the Rough Riders in Cuba?
- John Hay...
- a Theodore Roosevelt
- b National policy of avoiding involvement in other nations' affairs.
- c Lead Filipino rebels and U.S. troops and took control of the Philippine capital, Manila.
- d Secretary of State who sent a series of notes to Japan and most European nations outlining what became known as the Open Door Policy.
- e Chinese nationalists known as Boxers attacked foreigners in order to end outside involvement in China's affairs;put down by U.S. Marines and other forces after two months.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Porfirio Diaz
- one of the people who led movements to overthrow General Victoriano Huerta;supported democratic reformer Fransisco Madero against Porfirio Diaz; Hero to Mexico's poor.
- Yellow Journalism
- Offered to negotiate the dispute between the United States and united Mexican people, who were on the brink of war.
- Roosevelt Corollary
5 True/False Questions
True or False: The Open Door policy stated that all nations had equal access to trade with Japan. → True
Subsidy → Bonus payment
Jose Marti → Secretary of State who sent a series of notes to Japan and most European nations outlining what became known as the Open Door Policy.
Platt Amendment → U.S. resolution declaring that the United States did not intend to take over and annex an independent Cuba.
Fransisco Madero → poet and patriot that was exiled out of Cuba.