5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Jose Marti
- Platt Amendment
- True or False:Fransisco Madero Began the Mexican Revolution because he felt his country need to be more open to foreign investors.
- Fransisco Madero
- In the Boxer Rebellion...
- a poet and patriot that was exiled out of Cuba.
- b False
- c Chinese nationalists known as Boxers attacked foreigners in order to end outside involvement in China's affairs;put down by U.S. Marines and other forces after two months.
- d democratic reformer who began the Mexican Revolution.
- e Amendment to the Cuban constitution that gave the U.S. the right to become involved in Cuba's foreign and domestic affairs; remained in effect until 1934.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Francisco "Pancho" Villa
- one of the people who led movements to overthrow General Victoriano Huerta;supported democratic reformer Fransisco Madero against Porfirio Diaz; Hero to Mexico's poor.
- organized a vast effort to rid the canal route of disease-carrying mosquitoes.
- False, equal trade with China
5 True/False questions
Subsidy → poet and patriot that was exiled out of Cuba.
Hay-Herran Treaty → U.S. resolution declaring that the United States did not intend to take over and annex an independent Cuba.
Dollar Diplomacy → Using Economic power and business investment to influence events, encourage stability, and keep European nations out of the region by expanding American businesses there.
The use of sensational exaggerated stories... → Yellow Journalism
Emilio Aguinaldo → Lead Filipino rebels and U.S. troops and took control of the Philippine capital, Manila.