5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- True or False: The Anti-Imperialist league supported the U.S. in efforts to build a colonial empire.
- True or False: U.S. leaders were interested in building a canal across the Isthmus of Panama to shorten the voyage between the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans.
- True or False: The Open Door policy stated that all nations had equal access to trade with Japan.
- Teller Amendment
- a False, equal trade with China
- b U.S. resolution declaring that the United States did not intend to take over and annex an independent Cuba.
- c Bonus payment
- d False
- e True
5 Multiple choice questions
- Yellow Journalism
- Chinese nationalists known as Boxers attacked foreigners in order to end outside involvement in China's affairs;put down by U.S. Marines and other forces after two months.
- Queen of Hawaii in 1891 and worked to reclaim her throne after a revolt that ended her reign.
- Roosevelt Corollary
- Francisco "Pancho" Villa
5 True/False questions
Emiliano Zapata → one of the people who led movements to overthrow General Victoriano Huerta;supported democratic reformer Fransisco Madero against Porfirio Diaz; Hero to Mexico's poor.
Emilio Aguinaldo → Queen of Hawaii in 1891 and worked to reclaim her throne after a revolt that ended her reign.
Who led Mexico for 34 years and eagerly welcomed foreign investment? → Theodore Roosevelt
Jose Marti → Secretary of State who sent a series of notes to Japan and most European nations outlining what became known as the Open Door Policy.
True or False: William Seward's purchase of Alaska bought many benefits to the U.S. → Yellow Journalism