5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Fransisco Madero
- Teller Amendment
- What document suggested that the U.S. closely watched debtor nations?
- Emilio Aguinaldo
- In the Boxer Rebellion...
- a Chinese nationalists known as Boxers attacked foreigners in order to end outside involvement in China's affairs;put down by U.S. Marines and other forces after two months.
- b Lead Filipino rebels and U.S. troops and took control of the Philippine capital, Manila.
- c Roosevelt Corollary
- d democratic reformer who began the Mexican Revolution.
- e U.S. resolution declaring that the United States did not intend to take over and annex an independent Cuba.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Queen of Hawaii in 1891 and worked to reclaim her throne after a revolt that ended her reign.
- poet and patriot that was exiled out of Cuba.
- National policy of avoiding involvement in other nations' affairs.
- Secretary of State who sent a series of notes to Japan and most European nations outlining what became known as the Open Door Policy.
- The practice of extending a nation's power by gaining territories for a colonial empire.
5 True/False Questions
Hay-Herran Treaty → one of the people who led movements to overthrow General Victoriano Huerta;supported democratic reformer Fransisco Madero against Porfirio Diaz; Hero to Mexico's poor.
Who led Mexico for 34 years and eagerly welcomed foreign investment? → Porfirio Diaz
True or False: William Seward's purchase of Alaska bought many benefits to the U.S. → True
Argentina, Brazil, and Chile known as the ABC powers... → organized a vast effort to rid the canal route of disease-carrying mosquitoes.
Who led the Rough Riders in Cuba? → Theodore Roosevelt