5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which skilled horseman organized the military force called the Division De Norte?
- John Hay...
- Who led Mexico for 34 years and eagerly welcomed foreign investment?
- a Bonus payment
- b Porfirio Diaz
- c Secretary of State who sent a series of notes to Japan and most European nations outlining what became known as the Open Door Policy.
- d Francisco "Pancho" Villa
- e Queen of Hawaii in 1891 and worked to reclaim her throne after a revolt that ended her reign.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Chinese nationalists known as Boxers attacked foreigners in order to end outside involvement in China's affairs;put down by U.S. Marines and other forces after two months.
- False, equal trade with China
- National policy of avoiding involvement in other nations' affairs.
5 True/False questions
Fransisco Madero → democratic reformer who began the Mexican Revolution.
True or False: U.S. leaders were interested in building a canal across the Isthmus of Panama to shorten the voyage between the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. → False
Hay-Herran Treaty → one of the people who led movements to overthrow General Victoriano Huerta;supported democratic reformer Fransisco Madero against Porfirio Diaz; Hero to Mexico's poor.
The use of sensational exaggerated stories... → Chinese nationalists known as Boxers attacked foreigners in order to end outside involvement in China's affairs;put down by U.S. Marines and other forces after two months.
Dr. William C. Gorgas... → Using Economic power and business investment to influence events, encourage stability, and keep European nations out of the region by expanding American businesses there.