5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Dollar Diplomacy
- True or False:Fransisco Madero Began the Mexican Revolution because he felt his country need to be more open to foreign investors.
- Dr. William C. Gorgas...
- Fransisco Madero
- a democratic reformer who began the Mexican Revolution.
- b National policy of avoiding involvement in other nations' affairs.
- c Using Economic power and business investment to influence events, encourage stability, and keep European nations out of the region by expanding American businesses there.
- d False
- e organized a vast effort to rid the canal route of disease-carrying mosquitoes.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Bonus payment
- Lead Filipino rebels and U.S. troops and took control of the Philippine capital, Manila.
- Chinese nationalists known as Boxers attacked foreigners in order to end outside involvement in China's affairs;put down by U.S. Marines and other forces after two months.
- Roosevelt Corollary
5 True/False Questions
Who led the Rough Riders in Cuba? → Theodore Roosevelt
True or False: The Open Door policy stated that all nations had equal access to trade with Japan. → False, equal trade with China
Argentina, Brazil, and Chile known as the ABC powers... → Offered to negotiate the dispute between the United States and united Mexican people, who were on the brink of war.
John Hay... → Secretary of State who sent a series of notes to Japan and most European nations outlining what became known as the Open Door Policy.
The use of sensational exaggerated stories... → Yellow Journalism