5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Platt Amendment
- Dr. William C. Gorgas...
- Argentina, Brazil, and Chile known as the ABC powers...
- a National policy of avoiding involvement in other nations' affairs.
- b Amendment to the Cuban constitution that gave the U.S. the right to become involved in Cuba's foreign and domestic affairs; remained in effect until 1934.
- c Queen of Hawaii in 1891 and worked to reclaim her throne after a revolt that ended her reign.
- d Offered to negotiate the dispute between the United States and united Mexican people, who were on the brink of war.
- e organized a vast effort to rid the canal route of disease-carrying mosquitoes.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Agreement with Colombia that would have given the U.S. a 99-year lease on a 5 mile-wide strip of land across the Isthmus of Panama; rejected by the Colombian senate.
- False, equal trade with China
- Theodore Roosevelt
- U.S. resolution declaring that the United States did not intend to take over and annex an independent Cuba.
5 True/False Questions
Imperialism → National policy of avoiding involvement in other nations' affairs.
What document suggested that the U.S. closely watched debtor nations? → Theodore Roosevelt
True or False:Fransisco Madero Began the Mexican Revolution because he felt his country need to be more open to foreign investors. → False
Emiliano Zapata → one of the people who led movements to overthrow General Victoriano Huerta;supported democratic reformer Fransisco Madero against Porfirio Diaz; Hero to Mexico's poor.
Emilio Aguinaldo → Queen of Hawaii in 1891 and worked to reclaim her throne after a revolt that ended her reign.