5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- True or False: The Open Door policy stated that all nations had equal access to trade with Japan.
- What document suggested that the U.S. closely watched debtor nations?
- Which skilled horseman organized the military force called the Division De Norte?
- Emiliano Zapata
- a False, equal trade with China
- b Roosevelt Corollary
- c The practice of extending a nation's power by gaining territories for a colonial empire.
- d one of the people who led movements to overthrow General Victoriano Huerta;supported democratic reformer Fransisco Madero against Porfirio Diaz; Hero to Mexico's poor.
- e Francisco "Pancho" Villa
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- democratic reformer who began the Mexican Revolution.
- Secretary of State who sent a series of notes to Japan and most European nations outlining what became known as the Open Door Policy.
- National policy of avoiding involvement in other nations' affairs.
- Agreement with Colombia that would have given the U.S. a 99-year lease on a 5 mile-wide strip of land across the Isthmus of Panama; rejected by the Colombian senate.
- U.S. resolution declaring that the United States did not intend to take over and annex an independent Cuba.
5 True/False Questions
Argentina, Brazil, and Chile known as the ABC powers... → organized a vast effort to rid the canal route of disease-carrying mosquitoes.
By avoiding involvement in the affairs of other countries, Americans were practicing... → Offered to negotiate the dispute between the United States and united Mexican people, who were on the brink of war.
True or False: The Anti-Imperialist league supported the U.S. in efforts to build a colonial empire. → False
Subsidy → Bonus payment
Who led Mexico for 34 years and eagerly welcomed foreign investment? → Theodore Roosevelt