5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Fransisco Madero
- Teller Amendment
- Emilio Aguinaldo
- By avoiding involvement in the affairs of other countries, Americans were practicing...
- a democratic reformer who began the Mexican Revolution.
- b U.S. resolution declaring that the United States did not intend to take over and annex an independent Cuba.
- c Queen of Hawaii in 1891 and worked to reclaim her throne after a revolt that ended her reign.
- d Lead Filipino rebels and U.S. troops and took control of the Philippine capital, Manila.
- e Isolationism
5 Multiple choice questions
- one of the people who led movements to overthrow General Victoriano Huerta;supported democratic reformer Fransisco Madero against Porfirio Diaz; Hero to Mexico's poor.
- False, equal trade with China
- The practice of extending a nation's power by gaining territories for a colonial empire.
- Using Economic power and business investment to influence events, encourage stability, and keep European nations out of the region by expanding American businesses there.
5 True/False questions
Dr. William C. Gorgas... → Using Economic power and business investment to influence events, encourage stability, and keep European nations out of the region by expanding American businesses there.
Who led Mexico for 34 years and eagerly welcomed foreign investment? → Porfirio Diaz
What document suggested that the U.S. closely watched debtor nations? → Theodore Roosevelt
Platt Amendment → Amendment to the Cuban constitution that gave the U.S. the right to become involved in Cuba's foreign and domestic affairs; remained in effect until 1934.
True or False: U.S. leaders were interested in building a canal across the Isthmus of Panama to shorten the voyage between the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. → True