5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- John Hay...
- True or False:Fransisco Madero Began the Mexican Revolution because he felt his country need to be more open to foreign investors.
- True or False: U.S. leaders were interested in building a canal across the Isthmus of Panama to shorten the voyage between the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans.
- Hay-Herran Treaty
- Who led the Rough Riders in Cuba?
- a Secretary of State who sent a series of notes to Japan and most European nations outlining what became known as the Open Door Policy.
- b True
- c Agreement with Colombia that would have given the U.S. a 99-year lease on a 5 mile-wide strip of land across the Isthmus of Panama; rejected by the Colombian senate.
- d Theodore Roosevelt
- e False
5 Multiple choice questions
- democratic reformer who began the Mexican Revolution.
- poet and patriot that was exiled out of Cuba.
- Queen of Hawaii in 1891 and worked to reclaim her throne after a revolt that ended her reign.
- The practice of extending a nation's power by gaining territories for a colonial empire.
5 True/False questions
Dollar Diplomacy → U.S. resolution declaring that the United States did not intend to take over and annex an independent Cuba.
What document suggested that the U.S. closely watched debtor nations? → Roosevelt Corollary
The use of sensational exaggerated stories... → Yellow Journalism
Subsidy → Bonus payment
Emiliano Zapata → Queen of Hawaii in 1891 and worked to reclaim her throne after a revolt that ended her reign.