5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- True or False: William Seward's purchase of Alaska bought many benefits to the U.S.
- Fransisco Madero
- Emilio Aguinaldo
- The use of sensational exaggerated stories...
- a Queen of Hawaii in 1891 and worked to reclaim her throne after a revolt that ended her reign.
- b democratic reformer who began the Mexican Revolution.
- c Lead Filipino rebels and U.S. troops and took control of the Philippine capital, Manila.
- d Yellow Journalism
- e True
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- one of the people who led movements to overthrow General Victoriano Huerta;supported democratic reformer Fransisco Madero against Porfirio Diaz; Hero to Mexico's poor.
- Offered to negotiate the dispute between the United States and united Mexican people, who were on the brink of war.
- The practice of extending a nation's power by gaining territories for a colonial empire.
- Using Economic power and business investment to influence events, encourage stability, and keep European nations out of the region by expanding American businesses there.
- Francisco "Pancho" Villa
5 True/False Questions
Who led the Rough Riders in Cuba? → Theodore Roosevelt
True or False:Fransisco Madero Began the Mexican Revolution because he felt his country need to be more open to foreign investors. → False
Dr. William C. Gorgas... → organized a vast effort to rid the canal route of disease-carrying mosquitoes.
John Hay... → poet and patriot that was exiled out of Cuba.
True or False: The Open Door policy stated that all nations had equal access to trade with Japan. → True